Droid X has officially launched!

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Now it's just gettin silly. Buddy of mine coming over from At&T went to the VZW store today and they said they were only getting 20 in that store and were keeping his with his name/number on it in the office. Apparently they are moving the folks coming from other carriers in front of the existing customers.
That's really gonna torque me if that's the case.
Needs to be some loyalty here. I've been with em since they were Cellular one and I had a bagphone. :D
BTW, he said the phone was awesome.

I can see both sides. Us as loyal long standing customers wanting it ahead of the new guys. But Verizon wanting to get the new people in the door. It sucks. But its business

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
2 days... 2 days!!!!!!!! BB better call me today for an appointment or I'll be camping at Verizon like many others.

djsda

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Last battery pull??

I just had to pull the battery in my Storm 1 - memory depleted. My hope is that it's the last time. 2.5 days to go!

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I just had to pull the battery in my Storm 1 - memory depleted. My hope is that it's the last time. 2.5 days to go!

Forgive me as I've never owned a storm, but what are you guys talking about with the battery pull memory depleted thing? I realize this isn't the right forum.. or even thread, but I'm not joining crackberry for just a simple question :D

djsda

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Storm memory

Most Blackberries (if not all) are subject to system memory 'leaks' from various apps and/or themes running in the background, as far as I understand. A battery pull resets the phone and gives you most of that leak back, so you can continue with your use. Once the memory gets down to 0, at least the case with my Storm, it causes it to 'hourglass', or become unresponsive until the system catches up with itself, for lack of a better term. A simple task like opening an app, or using the camera, or sometimes even answer the phone takes seconds or sometimes minutes to perform. Acts the same as a bogged down PC with very low system memory. The phone then needs to be reset, or have the battery pulled, every couple days, or sometimes nightly. There are even Blackberry apps that with one press of a button it can perform a 'pull', or you can even set automatic 'pulls' in the middle of the night or whenever. To me it's ridiculous to even have the need to have an app for that. Bottom line, it sucks, and is one of the main reason I'm joining the Android Nation Thursday. I'm assuming this isn't an issue with Droids.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
up until last week when I sold my storm 2 and activated my Droid I would have to pull the battery at least once a day on my Storm 2.

I almost feel guilty NOT taking the battery out of my Droid. I had to do it so much with my BB I feel like I am forgetting something now.

typo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here i have a storm 1 and it has even less memory compared to the S2, i have quickpull run every night. hoping the X is better with managing memory.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
THIS IS TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah can't wait...

Only 2 days left buddy!!!

DroidX.jpg

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
same here i have a storm 1 and it has even less memory compared to the s2, i have quickpull run every night. Hoping the x is better with managing memory.

i'm in the same boat as you and often have to run quickpull during the day also. I cannot wait until thursday!

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
2 days... 2 days!!!!!!!! BB better call me today for an appointment or I'll be camping at Verizon like many others.

you've heard people are camping? are you being serious? cuz i was planning on showing up an hour or so before they open on Thursday.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. BB Tour owners got lucky when VZW ran out of Tours as replacements and they got upgraded at no charge to the Bold. I doubt they'll have inventory problems with the Droid, and even if they do, I think they learned a hard lesson with the Tour/Bold fiasco.

yup, and i was one of the lucky ones that got the bold during this time as well which is a nice upgrade from the Tour....but the X is going to be way better than any BB, I can't wait!! The suspense is killing me.....I think about the X constantly during the day. I need help! :eek:

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i just came across a coupon code, thanks to the Android Forums, that can be used when purchasing online: PRMCD10. it's been tested and works. so, if your ordering online you can save 10% on your purchase thru 7/20.

Coupon Code

firedude411

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Disapointing Store Visit

I have been lurking here for a while and decided to register to post an experience I had today.

I will not be able to make it to a store on Thursday, so I decided to stop by today and see if I could at least get some play time with the X. I currently have a storm 1:( and wanted to check out the difference. I have played with a buddies Droid and it seems like I will like the change except for maybe E-mail and of course BBM which I use quit often. Ok, back to my visit. I walked in to my local corporate store and was greeted as expected and I asked if they had a Droid X I could look at. I immediately notice the X between the computers at the counter and the sales clerk stated she did not have any. I look down and said thats an X right there. She stated that it was only a dummy phone and handed to me with a little attitude starting to show. The dummy did give an idea about the size and weight ( Not a problem for me at all, I liked it) but had no other purpose. I asked her about a working model and she told me they were not allowed to bring them out. At that point I asked how many they had(trying to get an idea about availability on Thursday) and she tells me they do not have any in the store. ?? didn't she just tell me they were not allowed to bring them out? Anyway, I stated that release day was in two days and she said they were due to have a shipment today. I again asked about Quantity and she then tells me that she is not allowed to say how many they are getting in. I dropped the phone on the counter and walked out thanking them for their time.
Verizon does this major media event a month early just to hender the Iphone sales(I under stand that) but that is emotional abuse to a Storm 1 owner who has been dying to upgrade. Anyway, a little honesty and understanding from the store employees would have been nice. I left there seriously considering leaving for the AT&T. Between the employees going from being courteous to bothered when I mentioned the X and Verizon teasing us for so long I feel like a second class citizen.

Of course my lack of patience and understanding could just be due to my new addiction!! Wait can I be addicted to something I havn't experienced yet?

Damn This Droid X

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Verizon has been pretty stuck up and rude about the whole demos. Personally I think its horrible business for them not to have demos out.