Droid X question.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I read that the Incredible's camera can be used as like a facetime/qik/fring app thing. Can the Droid X do that too with it's 8meg camera? & if it is, can it be used on other things like chatroulette (NOT that I use it[just as an example since it will be getting flash 10.1])

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm pretty sure you can. Problem is that you won't be able to see the other person since you'll have your phone turned around to capture video of yourself.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
they should make a dock or something with a mirror attached so we can sit at a desk & video chat OR have an extension webcam (65$ possibly) that hooks up into the microphone port & then we can see the screen & people can see us! OOO: like a tiny webcam too :p it's fullproof!

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you have to use a mirror to video chat.....you have failed. I dare say an epic fail. The mirror dock idea is pretty darn funny though!

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh I have another question, what is that "EMERGENCY app" on the X? I would like to know if it's useful ie, reporting accidents on the freeway by text.. but yeah, if not is there a way to remove it? oh & the motorola UI apps (twitter, facebook [no myspace!?], twitroid) can they be removed too?

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about ICE (In Case of Emergency)? If so, it's an app that allows emergency personnel know information about you should be require immediate assistance. Includes:

+ people to call (directly from app)
+ insurance info
+ doctor's name & number
+ allergies
+ medical conditions
+ medications
+ special instructions

I will definitely have this on my phone.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about ICE (In Case of Emergency)? If so, it's an app that allows emergency personnel know information about you should be require immediate assistance. Includes:

+ people to call (directly from app)
+ insurance info
+ doctor's name & number
+ allergies
+ medical conditions
+ medications
+ special instructions

I will definitely have this on my phone.

I don't think it's ICE- in case of emergency.
The app look's like a health kit (first aid kit) & I thought it was like 911 or something, can someone clarify?

& ICE would be kinda useless, what would be the point of making an ICE app if most ambulance/firemen personnel wouldn't touch your phone & if they did, most users use pattern lock or maybe a "un tech savvy paramedic" couldn't figure it out.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have it on there than not. I know a few EMT's and they often look through cell phones for information when a wallet or purse doesn't contain what they're hoping to find.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have it on there than not. I know a few EMT's and they often look through cell phones for information when a wallet or purse doesn't contain what they're hoping to find.

Ah cool. Well they should have a universal dock that plugs into a phone to automatically pull owner information.