Best Buy or Verizon Store?

Chewie18

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I made my reservation today at Best Buy (#9 & #10).

But I wanted to know besides not having to do the mail in rebate what is the difference between buying at Best Buy vs. Verizon.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have taken back two phones to BB with no restocking fee; I took one back to Verizon and was hit with $30 or $35. For me avoiding the mail in rebate is a biggie. Well, I guess the biggest difference is I was able to pre-order at BB.

As The Mad Mule said the NE2 discount thing would be big if it applies to you.

chadilac5070

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to go to best buy (since i have a family member thats a manager and you can preorder) but i cant bring my self to do business outside of the Verizon store. i guess im just scared ill get screwed over or something.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I want to go to best buy (since i have a family member thats a manager and you can preorder) but i cant bring my self to do business outside of the Verizon store. i guess im just scared ill get screwed over or something.

For what ever reason I have the ****tiest luck with phones breaking. (usually not my fault) and Verizon is always quick to replace them... unless your incredible breaks and it takes a month to get it.. but anyway.

BB wouldn't let me upgrade to the X on another line on the same plan and switch it to my line.. As Verizon has let me do before. So I called Verizon to see if there was some new rule or something and they said no that no problem.. But I should just get it from Verizon because if I get it at BB and I have problems I need to go threw them.. that's good enough reason for me to get it from Verizon.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I need a shower every time I walk into a BB. I'll be sticking to a kiosk in the hopes that few people realize it is there. We'll see in a week if my nefarious plan comes to fruition. :cool:

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon if you have any kind of screwy contract question. The people at BB deal with 4 different carriers so they don't know a whole lot beyond what the computer screen says

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@ Midnight through VZW online sales. No MIR, easy transaction, FREE next day shipping and no douche bag f'ing with it.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
@ Midnight through VZW online sales. No MIR, easy transaction, FREE next day shipping and no douche bag f'ing with it.

I agree.....I've gotten all my 15 or 20 phones I've had through Verizon either online, or over the phone through CS.......Never had any problems, and they are happy to replace if there are problems. Only drawback is u have to wait till the 16th to get your X.....

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
no douche bag f'ing with it.

This is an excellent point. I've purchased multiple phones from Best Buy. I couple of times the guy was spinning my new phone around in his hand and occasionally setting it down on the counter with a thud. Pretty aggravating.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree.....I've gotten all my 15 or 20 phones I've had through Verizon either online, or over the phone through CS.......Never had any problems, and they are happy to replace if there are problems. Only drawback is u have to wait till the 16th to get your X.....

How late us CS open until? You think I can call at midnight and order a phone? I'd most likely call and go on the site at the same time and see which ends up being quicker. (I would expect some lag on the site right at midnight)

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
For what ever reason I have the ****tiest luck with phones breaking. (usually not my fault) and Verizon is always quick to replace them... unless your incredible breaks and it takes a month to get it.. but anyway.

BB wouldn't let me upgrade to the X on another line on the same plan and switch it to my line.. As Verizon has let me do before. So I called Verizon to see if there was some new rule or something and they said no that no problem.. But I should just get it from Verizon because if I get it at BB and I have problems I need to go threw them.. that's good enough reason for me to get it from Verizon.

The last point in this point is 100% NOT true. I'm getting the Droid X on another line in my account and switching it over to mine. Best Buy can definitely do this for you no problem. The only reason, as far as I can tell to go Verizon is for the NE2 and if your contract isn't up, but will be in 2010. Verizon has the promotion where you can upgrade early, but Best Buy does not. Also, at this point the Best Buy pre-orders are no longer guaranteed, so even if you did pre-order, you probably wouldn't get one on July 15th.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The last point in this point is 100% NOT true. I'm getting the Droid X on another line in my account and switching it over to mine. Best Buy can definitely do this for you no problem. The only reason, as far as I can tell to go Verizon is for the NE2 and if your contract isn't up, but will be in 2010. Verizon has the promotion where you can upgrade early, but Best Buy does not. Also, at this point the Best Buy pre-orders are no longer guaranteed, so even if you did pre-order, you probably wouldn't get one on July 15th.

See with me... BB was going to let me upgrade early.. But I'd have to keep it on the line that was being upgraded. They may have just been clueless but the guy asked 3 other people.

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon store in my town didn't know off the top of their head what day the DX was coming out (WTF?). The people at BB could actually hold an intelligent conversation about DX.

That and the Pre-order, it's a no brainer for me.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I was told by a Verizon Rep and the guy at Best Buy. The stores are nearly next to each other, so I kept going between the two asking questions haha. Another thing to note, Best Buy offered you both the Verizon insurance package, which they said included loss / theft but not accidental damage, and the Best Buy package, which they said didn't include loss / theft but did include accidental damage. I believe the Best Buy option was 9.99/month as opposed to 8.99/month, but I don't remember which cost which and they may have been the same. I still haven't decided which to get, thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1