Title says it all. A friend of mine can't get it unless it is.

If not what about the incredible?
    07-12-2010 12:18 PM
    Nope, none of VZW's Android devices are World Editions. Possibly in the Fall they'll release one.
    07-12-2010 12:20 PM
    I'm guessing they'll wait for LTE rollouts next year instead of adding a CDMA/GSM hybrid phone.
    07-12-2010 12:41 PM
    I don't plan on traveling abroad anytime soon, but I'll be hanging on to my BB Tour 9630 just in case.
    07-12-2010 12:42 PM
    Nope, none of VZW's Android devices are World Editions. Possibly in the Fall they'll release one.
    The Storm and Storm2 were world phones. I don't see why we can't get that in an Android phone. That would be nice.

Hopefully in the late fall when LTE is turned on, we can get some high-end Android phones running 3.0 (hopefully) with 4G, world capable and with a mini projector. Is it too much to ask?
    07-12-2010 01:20 PM
    GSM (which makes it a World Phone) is very different from CDMA so it's a tough problem to solve and needs custom chips or multiple chipsets (an expense and power drain most won't use). BB is geared towards business travelers so the market is there. LTE and GSM are very similar so I'd expect most LTE phones to be World Phones but time will tell...
    07-12-2010 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD