Anyone worried about buttons?

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty annoying to be in the middle of an app/game and accidentally brush up against a soft-button. I'd rather have the hardware-buttons that require more than just brushing up against them.

If you upgrade your phone every 2 years, there's nothing to worry about. Button life won't be an issue.

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Played with the phone for about 10 minutes today at my local mall. I have to say that I am getting more and more excited. Coming from a Storm1 I was blown away by the speed. I was debating about waiting in line Thursday morning but I will definately be in line now. Extreamly snappy and i was pleasantly suprised with swype. I have pretty big hands so I always type on my storm in landscape mode swype was pretty easy to get adjusted too. The extra screen size allowed me to be more accurate than i am with my storm and surepress.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Coming over from a BB Tour I'd like to have at least a few buttons to work with. I do wish the X had a track pad but I suppose it'll have to do...

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited about them - provided that they're pretty firm. I have the nexus and soft/virtual buttons continually get in the way. I'd be texting and accidentally hit the home key. Physical keys are the answer to that.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Motorola looked at both of their big devices (Droid and Droid X) and compared the buttons (capacitive vs physical) and came to the conclusion that physical works better. The volume rocker on the Droid has a little wiggle but is still going strong. I'm sure the X will be the same.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I think I might actually like the buttons. Confirm that I've really pressed a button. The soft buttons on the droid I have to feel the haptics and sometimes I'll click the button and have no feedback, but will have actually pressed the button.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm always accidentally pushing the "buttons" on my Droid when I'm playing SNESoid and NESoid in landscape. I'll be welcoming the physical buttons, I just hope that they're sturdy and not a spot for dust and lint and dirt to be jumping in there.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed today..buttons are fine..lil wiggly, but fine.
That's just gonna come down to personal preference.
Good solid feelin unit 4sure.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
One thing not often pointed out about the EVO is that having capacitive button at the very bottom edge makes using it in landscape a real nuisance.

Looking forward to physical buttons.

In fact, wish phones went back to having d-pads! Does that discredit me? :) Nothing like the precision control, in a game or media player, of a physical rocker/button/control.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One thing not often pointed out about the EVO is that having capacitive button at the very bottom edge makes using it in landscape a real nuisance.

Looking forward to physical buttons.

In fact, wish phones went back to having d-pads! Does that discredit me? :) Nothing like the precision control, in a game or media player, of a physical rocker/button/control.

A lot of people had a problem with the D-Pad on the Droid, but it was AWESOME for gaming, I didnt mind it at all :)

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The physical buttons are not really a big deal to me. The only thing I'm a little ambivalent about is the lack of direction arrows on the virtual keyboards. It seems like it might be a little difficult to edit with precision.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The best comparison I can come up with is, the buttons wiggle like the ones on my DVR remote wiggle. They don't wiggle on left to right, or in/out, just a little bit up/down.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It looks pretty annoying to be in the middle of an app/game and accidentally brush up against a soft-button. I'd rather have the hardware-buttons that require more than just brushing up against them.

You are definitely right about this. One of my biggest annoyances with the capacitive buttons is accidental presses.

I'm more concerned that they keep rearranging the buttons, and I have to reprogram my brain (believe me that is no easy task) every time they do it.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You are definitely right about this. One of my biggest annoyances with the capacitive buttons is accidental presses.

I'm more concerned that they keep rearranging the buttons, and I have to reprogram my brain (believe me that is no easy task) every time they do it.

Same here,

I have a feeling there is going to be a good week if not two that will consist of wrong button pressing

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
They seem ok from what i can tell on mine. Even though how wiggly they are sorta. Worries me that sometime in the future they could possibly pull off. Im also worried about the multitouch. It doesn't seem as smooth as the Incs. Also anyone elses device getting warm? Mine is...

Posting from ny Droid X!

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante