03-03-2011 12:28 PM
523 ... 1718192021
tools
    Just got a Droid X today and I'm coming from a BlackBerry Tour. I love the phone and the touch screen plus no more trackball issues! I had my Tour down to a T loading / unloading hybrids, shortcuts, texting you name it but I had it for a year. So it will take some getting used to going from the Tour to the X but we shall see.. browsing the forum intently looking for tips / must have apps.
    11-10-2010 03:42 PM
    I had a company issued Storm 1 for over 2 years - worked well as a link to Corp Exchange but I never really knew when I pressed the screen if it was responding or just thinking about responding... Liked the big screen over other BB's enough to insert felt pads behind the battery, loosen torx screws, install leaks (thanks crackberry.com), whatever to keep it running.

Left the company but kept the Storm waiting for Verizon and BB to do something. I started using Google for my own business contacts and calendar. Google synch worked fine with the Storm.

But the last straw for the Storm was speed dialing while the BB stayed silent it would place a call and remain silent.. I would press the speed dial call again, hear the call go through and then the person would say you just called but I could not hear you (embarrassing to say the least!)

Was waiting for a Merge thinking I would like a physical keyboard but got tired of waiting for the release. Upgraded to a Droid X - nice big screen and plenty of room to type and Swype is great.

The transition to the Driod X was smooth because I had everything in Google. Seconds after activation all contacts and calendars were there!

I picked up the Storm a couple of days later and it seemed so small and cramped.

The transition from BB to the Droid X via Google contacts and calendar worked like a charm. Highly recommended.
    12-01-2010 02:34 PM
    I will be a BB Storm 1 convert as of December 18th, which is my NE2 upgrade date and my birthday so perfect timing

I'm interested in the X, my bro has one and I played with it for a while and fell in love. My only concern is, is it close to the end of its life? I know ill have 30days to return if something new and great comes out. But after todays announcement ill be 6 months into my contract before the LTE phones appear, and my area prob won't see LTE for a while, so I'm not waiting. So is the X gonna be a good choice? Will it still have some time for more OS upgrades and keep me happy for 18 months?
    12-01-2010 03:00 PM
    I'm into my second week with the X came from a BB 8330 curve.

It took some time to get it dialed in and still trying to figure a few things out but nothing to miss on the BB other than the mail and file download issues that I've worked out. I'm already rooted and just overclocked and saving battery.

Just need to figure out how to add notification tones? I've added my custom ring-tones but can't seem to add the right file path for notification?
    12-01-2010 03:10 PM
    I traded in my Storm 1 for a DX one week ago today. I could go on and on about how much I love it, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just share my current wallpaper. (I took that wallpaper of the android eating an apple and photoshopped it a little.)
    12-01-2010 06:23 PM
    I traded in my Storm 1 for a DX one week ago today. I could go on and on about how much I love it, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just share my current wallpaper. (I took that wallpaper of the android eating an apple and photoshopped it a little.)
    Sounds familiar. My X just arrived from Fedex. It's just waiting for me to get home from work. Until then I'm still on my Storm. I wish time would hurry up.
    12-01-2010 06:45 PM
    Been with a Blackberry for a while now. Just got a Droid X. Love it. There are some things I miss with my Blackberry, but the advantages far outweigh those.

I'll still keep my Blackberry for international traveling.
    12-02-2010 12:04 PM
    I think the only thing I am really missing from Blackberry is the different profiles you can set up. Is there an alternative that isn't time dependent?
    12-03-2010 03:25 PM
    I loved BB. Been through a Tour than jumped to S2. While I put up with the trackball on the Tour, cleaning and all the business of response. The S2 was a solid mount compared to that. When 06 came about and no S2 updates. Well I was a little pissed. But that seems to be the way of smartphones. They get you on new tech then update somewhere else.
    Given that I realize that my DX will be a whisper in the wind someday soon. It gives me what I want. PC in hand and rooted to do what I want.
    I still think RIM has a great idea. But their hardware and system need to improve vastly to compete in this market. Loved the secure server and BBM. But Android has a lot more to offer in the palm of my hand.
    Not to mention that I don't have to squint to read pages on my screen.
    Never mind the outtages that were ever present.
    12-03-2010 09:32 PM
    I jumped ship this Sunday and got the Droid 2 buy one get one free at VZW. Thursday they came out the the Droid X same deal. I called and got them to mix/match the deal so my fiance could keep the D2 and I could have the awesomeness that is the X...

I was a die hard Blackberry man for years... I wish I made this jump a long time ago. My fiance asked me how much it was going to cost getting the RIM tattoo off my ***... Everyone I know is shocked I made the switch but this thing is GREAT.

I hope the Android Community is as good as the BB...
    12-03-2010 09:41 PM
    It's better, if only because you are starting out with a stronger product! If you were a really big BB mail user, try MailDroid. Very active and helpful dev and a very good product. AND he is just about to add Exchange 2003/2010 to the Exchange 2007 support he has now.

Welcome to the community!

Best regards,

Scott
    12-04-2010 03:33 AM
    OMG... I Remember you, I was Digtheberry.... I'm so happy I'm with my X now!!

I waited in line a few hours with about 30 other people before our Verizon store opened on the 15th. I love my X. SO not missing my BlackBerry at all. Hell, I don't even miss Crackberry.com lol (I was MizzCourt on there) The processor alone on this phone kicks my Bold's butt!
    12-04-2010 08:56 PM
    So I'm still a big fan of BlackBerry, I think hands down no phone handle email as good. But with that said my first android phone was the Nexus One, I instantly fell in love, it wasn't until that gen of droids that I feel android polished enough for me to want one.

Now I rocking my Drone X, it amazes me how far they have come in such a short period of time. I don't understand why anyone buys IPhones.
    12-04-2010 10:41 PM
    Well I just came from a blackberry Storm 2. Its amazing the difference between blackberry and android. I liked my blackberry, that is until i got my droid x. The speed and just the massive about of free apps is amazing. I am very happy I switched to android.
    12-05-2010 12:09 AM
    I still really like my BB Bold. As someone else said, I can handle e-mail so much faster on it because of all the shortcuts and the keyboard. But after coming from the original Droid, I just couldn't stand the browser and the lack of apps. So I switched to the Droid X =).
    12-05-2010 03:16 AM
    After 2 hours with Verizon and 4 hours on the phone with rim, elevated to the third tier, over the latest official os update, I'm done with bb. My dx is much better. Apps that cost me big bucks for my storm 1 and 2 are free for my droid... And I haven't had to do a battery pull once hahaha.
    12-05-2010 06:12 AM
    I've had by DX since Aug and for some reason never posted on this thread. My BB Storm was happily (for me) collecting dust until my wife dropped her's in coffee, and it has been pressed back into service. At least I'm not the one using it any more!
    12-05-2010 06:27 AM
    I switched from aprx 8 or 9 yrs as a BB user! I have had almost every device with alot of carriers! At last i was with VZW with the curve, storm 1, tour, storm 2 back to the tour when i finally jumped to the DX! I will never look back again! this DX does more than i could imagine and i love it! i will not fall back to the behind dated RIM!
    12-05-2010 12:09 PM
    Can't say I particularly miss my BlackBerry one bit. Looking back at the time I had a BB I can't tell you how many times I can recall being so frustrated that I'd almost rather have not had a phone at all.
    12-05-2010 12:10 PM
    Can't say I particularly miss my BlackBerry one bit. Looking back at the time I had a BB I can't tell you how many times I can recall being so frustrated that I'd almost rather have not had a phone at all.
    I totally understand what your saying about that!
    12-05-2010 12:20 PM
    I came from BB too (Storm 2), really liked it. But see that RIM was basically sitting still as the rest of the market moved on, so I moved on too.

People may bash the Storm and say how much better DX is, but after having my DX now for less than a month I already found myself needing to do a factory reset to fix a problem with bluetooth (never had that problem with my Storm). Hopefully that's an isolated instance, but shows that no device is perfect.
    12-05-2010 02:34 PM
    I'm glad I got rid of my S2 for the DX. So much smoother and faster. Corporate e-mail doesn't work right with anything but BB but web email works perfect. I actually tried to disable my work email on my BB but webmail sucked on it and took forever to load. After a week, I enabled it again on my Storm. I hate stupid emails going out.

Web browsing is great and tons of apps. I thought I would never use but helps out like Bank of America App and Chase app. Also ringtone making on the go is sweet.
    12-05-2010 07:41 PM
    I had a Bold 9700 on AT&T and a Curve 8300 on Verizon prior to getting my first Android - Mytouch 3G Slide on TMobile. I miss the messaging system a bit on Blackberry, but that is it. All other aspects of the Android system are far better than Blackberry.
    12-07-2010 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry definitely has messaging still going for it, and I don’t think anyone will ever be able to completely take that away from them. Unfortunately, that’s about it as far as I’m concerned. To me, they almost feel like over-priced feature phones.
    12-07-2010 10:52 AM
    Hi, my name is CochRoach, and I was addicted to BB. I've been sober for 45 days and its bc of the my eX...Thanks Android
    12-08-2010 04:22 PM
523 ... 1718192021