The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would stick with BB through all the new Androids constantly coming out. I think I made up my mind to switch when i found out OS 6 wouldn't be available for my Storm.

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I started out with a BB Peal, then the Storm 1, and finally the Storm 2. Installing leaked OS's and hybrids started to become a bit of a hobby at first. However, lately the new OS's have been a disappointment, and the videos of OS 6 just didn't impress me that much. A lot of website I use regularly are now releasing apps for Android, but not BB. I liked the phone, but RIM is a bit behind the curve in my opinion. I'm looking forward to everything the Droid X can offer. I won't sleep much tonight because I'm just to anxious.....

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I went from a BB Tour to a Droid about 3 weeks ago. Trading it in for an X bright and early in the morning.

I was a diehard crackberry guy and didn't think I would ever leave the BB.

My buddy talked me into trying a Droid and damn, why didn't I do it sooner.

It just plain works and is cool too!

BB and their lack of innovation is going to be their downfall (other than corporate BES users).

They promise OS6.0 and it is just a plain ole update looks like and not much more.

And to top it off I got the Tour the day it came out and it is not going to get 6.0 or the webkit browser. Dang, just a little over a year old.

I am happy with my Droid but I played with the X in the store a little bit and I think I can be happy with that too :)

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
converting tomorrow. bb tour, my first bb. loved it, now i see bb isn't going in the right direction and going with the X. very excited and not looking back.

deeemaa

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys crack me up! Thought this was a convert page?!? How did it turn into a RIM bash! :p

Look on the bright side, MOST of us will have spare chargers left over from our BB's! ROFL!

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see natemz here. This place is much better than our usual hangouts man. I am ditching this antiquated bb tour. It was outdated before it even came out... I was such an idiot then...

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll Always Love My 8330

I'm leaving BB after 2 1/2 years with my Curve 8330. It was my first smartphone and it's served me very well. But everything RIM has put out since has been "more of the same".Android has made more progress in 9 months than BB has in 3+ years. :p

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
My father had the world edition and wanted to upgrade. He REALLY liked my Droid but didn't want to lose his bbm contacts. He ended up getting the Storm 2 and IMMEDIATELY regretted that decision. He said his fingers were too big for that awkward screen. He's returning it and I think he's gonna try the droid X since the screen is so big & awesome (my words not his)

tpbinder#AC

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My first post here... Pretty excited. I'm the first in line at my local VZW store in Salt Lake City. Watching the sun rise over the Wasatch Mountains while I wait to ditch this POS Storm 1. It's been a long time coming!

fyrfyter

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya on that one. I will be dumping a Storm 2 in favor of a droid phone, in the not too distant future. The specs on these blackberrys aren't good enough to keep up with the apps. Not enough memory, way underpowered, my Storm 2 is always bogging down.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
First post here, BB Storm 1 and current Storm 2 owner. Been in denial for a while. Played with the EVO and saw the light. Will be ordering my Droid X in just a few hours on VZW.com.

Absolutely cannot wait. I returned my wifes BB 9650 last week for a Moto Droid and have been playing with that for the past week(already rooted and installed Kangerade). Fallen in love with Android. BlackBerry is obviously on its way out. Do they really think the minor updates in OS6 are enough? R.I.P. RIM

Wow, Nate is even here!

I would be jumping ship today, but alas, the wife said NO when I asked to make the move. I was just going to add a new line, but she is standing fast. Damn.

So I am stuck with the Storm 2 for a little longer...

Last edited:

mringo17

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am going to get the Droid X as soon as I can, I have a storm 2, need to figure out how to get one 1 year before my contract ends....

Anyone know a way to get this done early?

Last edited:

Natemz

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see natemz here. This place is much better than our usual hangouts man. I am ditching this antiquated bb tour. It was outdated before it even came out... I was such an idiot then...

Wow, Nate is even here!

I would be jumping ship today, but alas, the wife said NO when I asked to make the move. I was just going to add a new line, but she is standing fast. Damn.

So I am stuck with the Storm 2 for a little longer...

Why is everyone so surprised that I'm going Droid lmao

I love RIM. I have been a longtime supporter. But they just havent figured out what they need to do to win over the consumer crowd. If they arent careful they will lose the business side as well.

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
First post here, BB Storm 1 and current Storm 2 owner. Been in denial for a while. Played with the EVO and saw the light. Will be ordering my Droid X in just a few hours on VZW.com.

Absolutely cannot wait. I returned my wifes BB 9650 last week for a Moto Droid and have been playing with that for the past week(already rooted and installed Kangerade). Fallen in love with Android. BlackBerry is obviously on its way out. Do they really think the minor updates in OS6 are enough? R.I.P. RIM

Great to see you here Natemz! I've been rocking your awesome BBampd theme on my BB Tour for a long time ... which is going to be replaced by a DX. Looking forward to any of your Android projects!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol