The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I would probably be a convert to the X if there weren't so many complaints about battery life... Even with a bunch of social apps running 24x7 (twitter, bbm, AIM) and the gps running constantly (google latitude), and big file downloads happening throughout the day (podrapper), and with me using it to browse web sites at a snail's pace, (and i guess some calls here and there) it still lasts at least a day if not longer. All the stories of "it won't last half a day" are troubling, and the only advice seems to be "well turn off x,y,z" which kind of defeats the purpose of having a multitasking smartphone, right?

So who out there, that was happy with their battery life before (don't bother replying if you were a BB battery assassin, regularly fully draining your phone) is less (or maybe more) happy with the battery life on the Droid X?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
im happy with my battery life, i turn off the Bluetooth, Wifi, Locations, ect when not needed-
my co worker's DX on the other hand was :mad:. check his out and found out BT, WF, and L were on... hes happy now-

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
Oh, one thing... I feel like the picture quality on my Tour is better than the X.

I find the X's camera SO difficult to use! I think I've taken 4 photos because I don't know how and then when it takes a picture I can't think what I did different that time!

I need to get a decent photo so I can upload it somewhere and check the quality.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
im happy with my battery life, i turn off the Bluetooth, Wifi, Locations, ect when not needed-
my co worker's DX on the other hand was :mad:. check his out and found out BT, WF, and L were on... hes happy now-

How easy/effective are the battery/power profiles? I mean, if I have to manually tweak all that crap based on when I feel like using it I would be quickly pissed. I have read that there are power profiles (kinda like on windows) that let you reconfigure once and then switch easily between levels. Does that work the way I would hope?

andron

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I sure am having a hard time without blackberry messenger. I had 171 contacts, most of which were work related. I'm on the phone more now and less productive it seems. But I cannot get rid of android. It is fantastic. I love being able to customize and the stability. Not pulling my battery out every few hours is also nice. I don't think I can give up the 4.3 inch screen, either. I would gladly pay rim 100 bucks for a messenger app for my X.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
After being a faithful Blackberry user for a the past few years, I mad ethe jump to X and already feel as if I've always had one...I came to the realization that Blackberry as a whole is not trying to compete with the others as far as eye-catchy graphics and so forth like the droids and instead are staying focused more along the business-professional side of things...thats cool, not my style though....This X is going to only get better especially with the upcoming 2.2.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, like most here. I have been using blackberries for about 5 years now. I'm only 23, but have always had a blackberry and have come to realize like most as well that RIM really isn't going anywhere special. OS6 yeah it can do a few cool things, but the look of it doesn't impress me at all! So today I decided to call verizon and set up a new account with them and order a droid x. However, was told it will be on backorder till the 27th, but may come in sooner.

As far as BBM goes, I only had about 3-4 people I talked to on a regular basis everyday, which have no problem with me texting them. Other than that the only thing I will miss is the email coming so quickly to my phone. I had 5 email addresses connected and it was lighting quick. The ONLY other thing I may miss is the actual keyboard, but I did use a storm for a while before switching to a 9700 with T-Mobile.

So, my question to you fellow blackberry converters are...

1. As on all blackberries there's the LED notification light flashes red if I have a message, does that happen with the droid x?
2. This really has nothing to do with the droid x, but rather do students get discounts monthly with Verizon?

Thanks for all the help I'm sure to hopefully get!

Nick

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Jumping from a BB Tour to an X. My upgrade wasn't due until Aug. 6, but I called a Verizon rep and she got approval to move it up, so I ordered it on Thursday. Unfortunately, my order was one of the backordered ones, so I have to live with my Tour for at most one more week. Can't wait to jump into Android land.

Jul 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
I waited in line a few hours with about 30 other people before our Verizon store opened on the 15th. I love my X. SO not missing my BlackBerry at all. Hell, I don't even miss Crackberry.com lol (I was MizzCourt on there) The processor alone on this phone kicks my Bold's butt!

chriscoleman

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Bye bye Blackberry. I'm over the battery pulls, defective touchscreens, trackballs, and crooked track pad.... RIP

Hello X. I love your huge screen, responsiveness, app choices, and quality workmanship. There's a lot of learning to do, but I'm so stoked to be on the Android boat now.

I will miss my quicklaunch, Berryweather, and Socialscope. Maybe those developers will decide to make the decision to give some Android love in the future....

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a BB Storm (first gen), I loved Blackberry but they have a lot of catching up to do! Since I got my X on Thursday I haven't been able to put it down... It's so fast compared to my storm, plus I can have more than 6 apps! I was doing battery pulls at least once a day, it was so frustrating!

I'm happily a new Android addict <3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx