The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's better, if only because you are starting out with a stronger product! If you were a really big BB mail user, try MailDroid. Very active and helpful dev and a very good product. AND he is just about to add Exchange 2003/2010 to the Exchange 2007 support he has now.

Welcome to the community!

Best regards,

Scott

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
OMG... I Remember you, I was Digtheberry.... I'm so happy I'm with my X now!!

I waited in line a few hours with about 30 other people before our Verizon store opened on the 15th. I love my X. SO not missing my BlackBerry at all. Hell, I don't even miss Crackberry.com lol (I was MizzCourt on there) The processor alone on this phone kicks my Bold's butt!

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
So I'm still a big fan of BlackBerry, I think hands down no phone handle email as good. But with that said my first android phone was the Nexus One, I instantly fell in love, it wasn't until that gen of droids that I feel android polished enough for me to want one.

Now I rocking my Drone X, it amazes me how far they have come in such a short period of time. I don't understand why anyone buys IPhones.

tabocaw

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I just came from a blackberry Storm 2. Its amazing the difference between blackberry and android. I liked my blackberry, that is until i got my droid x. The speed and just the massive about of free apps is amazing. I am very happy I switched to android.

spark032207#WN

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I still really like my BB Bold. As someone else said, I can handle e-mail so much faster on it because of all the shortcuts and the keyboard. But after coming from the original Droid, I just couldn't stand the browser and the lack of apps. So I switched to the Droid X =).

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
After 2 hours with Verizon and 4 hours on the phone with rim, elevated to the third tier, over the latest official os update, I'm done with bb. My dx is much better. Apps that cost me big bucks for my storm 1 and 2 are free for my droid... And I haven't had to do a battery pull once hahaha.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had by DX since Aug and for some reason never posted on this thread. My BB Storm was happily (for me) collecting dust until my wife dropped her's in coffee,:eek: and it has been pressed back into service. At least I'm not the one using it any more!:cool:

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I switched from aprx 8 or 9 yrs as a BB user! I have had almost every device with alot of carriers! At last i was with VZW with the curve, storm 1, tour, storm 2 back to the tour when i finally jumped to the DX! I will never look back again! this DX does more than i could imagine and i love it! i will not fall back to the behind dated RIM!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Can't say I particularly miss my BlackBerry one bit. Looking back at the time I had a BB I can't tell you how many times I can recall being so frustrated that I'd almost rather have not had a phone at all.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from BB too (Storm 2), really liked it. But see that RIM was basically sitting still as the rest of the market moved on, so I moved on too.

People may bash the Storm and say how much better DX is, but after having my DX now for less than a month I already found myself needing to do a factory reset to fix a problem with bluetooth (never had that problem with my Storm). Hopefully that's an isolated instance, but shows that no device is perfect.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I got rid of my S2 for the DX. So much smoother and faster. Corporate e-mail doesn't work right with anything but BB but web email works perfect. I actually tried to disable my work email on my BB but webmail sucked on it and took forever to load. After a week, I enabled it again on my Storm. I hate stupid emails going out.

Web browsing is great and tons of apps. I thought I would never use but helps out like Bank of America App and Chase app. Also ringtone making on the go is sweet.

msglsom

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Can't say I particularly miss my BlackBerry one bit. Looking back at the time I had a BB I can't tell you how many times I can recall being so frustrated that I'd almost rather have not had a phone at all.

I had a Bold 9700 on AT&T and a Curve 8300 on Verizon prior to getting my first Android - Mytouch 3G Slide on TMobile. I miss the messaging system a bit on Blackberry, but that is it. All other aspects of the Android system are far better than Blackberry.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
BlackBerry definitely has messaging still going for it, and I don’t think anyone will ever be able to completely take that away from them. Unfortunately, that’s about it as far as I’m concerned. To me, they almost feel like over-priced feature phones.

not_a_master_yet

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Had the curve 8330 thought that was the beesnees, preferred that over wires iphone except she had wifi and I didn't :-( but now I have X. She got it for me as a gift thought touchscreen would be hard to get used to. But with swipe and great sized keyboard ALL I GOTS TO SAYS BLACKBERRY WHO? Ps I set up my bbm notifier to work with gtalk :)
:cool:

Last edited:

not_a_master_yet

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm into my second week with the X came from a BB 8330 curve.

It took some time to get it dialed in and still trying to figure a few things out but nothing to miss on the BB other than the mail and file download issues that I've worked out. I'm already rooted and just overclocked and saving battery.

Just need to figure out how to add notification tones? I've added my custom ring-tones but can't seem to add the right file path for notification?
Make a notification file when plugged into computer its in the getting started with droid thread. I brought some of my bb ringtones works fine. Plugged them both and copy overbam.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Loving my droiid x. Miss some features of my bold. But im finding new work arounds all the time thinks to the market. Plus most of the apps on the android market compared to their appworld counterparts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21