Gizmodo Tears Apart Droid X

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post and I just wanted to let you guys know that Gizmodo is spewing some horrendous stuff on the X. Go defend your phone. I don't own a X or even an Android phone but Ive had the pleasure of spending some time using an X and I don't think its anywhere near as bad as what these guys are saying.

Motorola Droid X Review

cocatholicdad#AC

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
This is probably the most classic line in the review! "The ice scraper-cum-phone is hardware unabashedly designed to provoke the most raging nerd boner possible:"

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i think this reviewer used the phone for like an hour. sorry, i will trust guys like phil who used the phone for a couple of weeks

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I dont understand what he is talking about. "Motoblur" or whatever you wanna call the new Android skin looks good and works well. I found that it was very unobtrusive. This UI thing with the Android phones is totally overblown. Ive found that at the end of the day you can side step these mild UI tweaks and just do what you want.

I mean can somone explain to me how this UI is different than Sense or the stock Vanilla Android UI? Are they really THAT different that it would make this phone un-usable? I smell bull in this article.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
That review could not be more different than every other one I've read. The freaking out over the moto-blurish thing is driving me nuts...if it is that bad remove the widgets and don't set them up to sync with anything.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a stupid iPhone fanboy. Pay no attention.

I like that all these websites are fanboys of everything haha.

Last i heard for the last month is Gizmodo are iPhone haters now.

It is quite possible he just didn't enjoy the phone. No harm for you if you enjoy it.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Why does everyone say as soon as a article in a magazine, blog or whatever says their phone is not what was expected that they " are biased to the iPhone". I understand people are going to defend their phones or whatever but I mean come on. Everyone says the same thing. Oh the put my phone down. They just Liberia iPhone. If u don't like the review don't read it move on. It is their opinion.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I like that all these websites are fanboys of everything haha.

Last i heard for the last month is Gizmodo are iPhone haters now.

It is quite possible he just didn't enjoy the phone. No harm for you if you enjoy it.

Gizmodo lost Apple's favor when the reported on the new Iphone prior to its release (The whole bar fiasco). Now they aren't getting invitations to any Apple event (Like the one on Friday). There seems to be a lot more Apple bashing on Giz now more than Engadget.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone say as soon as a article in a magazine, blog or whatever says their phone is not what was expected that they " are biased to the iPhone". I understand people are going to defend their phones or whatever but I mean come on. Everyone says the same thing. Oh the put my phone down. They just Liberia iPhone. If u don't like the review don't read it move on. It is their opinion.

I would not make the "iPhone fanboy" accusation; because frankly I find that to be a rather weak response to what I see as a bad review.

I'm just in awe that he's calling the phone unusable because he doesn't like the widgets? Or did I miss something?

jbmoby

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
That review was a little ridiculous. I like how there were two photos of the phone operating and a bajillion and one of it on a street grate or a fence post or a brick next to a flower.

Reminds me of this discussion with my girlfriend last night. Watched a documentary about this guy and his kids and how the family is pretty messed up. And in the middle of the thing, it just goes to music and you see a flower, and then it pans up to the sky. I just looked at her and said, "thats what happens when you have documentary filmmaker that wants to get artistic: crap that doesn't make any sense!"
</OT Rant>

Thats how I felt about the review. Also the language was quite juvenile for a prominent website such as Giz. Haven't been there in a while, but I hope this isn't representative of their current "style".

I ordered my phone and feel none the worse after reading this "review".

Now, it just needs to get here!