Contacts Help?

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when entering a contact just put the last name in the first name field and the first name in the last name field.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the major flaws in the Google approach to names. It doesn't have separate fields for first name and last name, which I find pretty outrageous. The suggestion to input them all as last name first name is also not acceptable to me at all.

Companionlink for android says it has the capability to show contacts sorted by last name, and will sync with Outlook. I plan to check out the free trial after I get my DX tomorrow.

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This has been a big ordeal for quite some time. Just google something related to this and you will find that there aren't really any apps for it. I looked at that companionlink stuff on my DX and i dunno about it. Its called Deja office. You can always give the free version a try. Or, this is still a LONG round-about way, you can go to your gmail account on your computer and export your contacts as a .csv file and separate them in excel. Maybe that would be faster than doing it in your phone. But I don't really see the need for it. Just search for the contact that will pull it up faster than scrolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech