I can't believe it. I preordered a droid x at bb and went to pick it up, it was there, also marked up $130 more expensive then verizon. The rep had the nerve to tell me they can't price match with the verizon store because they bought these straight from verizon. What????????? I never heard such a horrible answer. I went to the vzw store bought it wit free overnight shipping. Hell I'll wait one more day for the phone been waiting this long. The phone being marked up to $700 before tax is a no go for me. BB has lost my business for good!
    07-15-2010 12:52 PM
    That is absolutely ridiculous. Complain to BestBuy and see if you can get a free phone
    07-15-2010 12:54 PM
    Best Buy scamming people on pricing is not news.... ever looked at buying a HDMI cable there?
    07-15-2010 12:58 PM
    I gotta say I pre-ordered there (had a rage post about it yesterday) and I decided to go elsewhere. I don't think a lot of people know that wal-mart has them...I went to one this morning at around 9am. They had gotten 2 X's in and I was the first one to get one of them. To those of you who are still searching check out a Wal-Mart...ya never know..
    07-15-2010 01:01 PM
    Best Buy scamming people on pricing is not news.... ever looked at buying a HDMI cable there?
    Yah $80 for a 6' cable that I can get on eBay for 2.20 with free shipping through Priority Mail.
    07-15-2010 01:02 PM
    I bought my Moto Droid from Wal-Mart because the price was less than VZW and no need to send off a rebate. I'll never buy another phone from Best Buy or VZW Stores.
    07-15-2010 01:46 PM
    I bought my Moto Droid from Wal-Mart because the price was less than VZW and no need to send off a rebate. I'll never buy another phone from Best Buy or VZW Stores.
    Have you ever had trouble buying from BestBuy? I've never done it, but out doesn't seem like it would be too bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-15-2010 02:09 PM
    Wow, that's pretty terrible.

I picked mine up this morning from Best Buy and the transaction was perfectly smooth. I had heard horror stories of the mobile guys spinning your phone in their hands, setting it down hard, etc. but the woman helping me was awesome. She was extremely careful with it, touching it as minimally as possible, etc. She did push on the insurance pretty hard, but I just kept saying no with a smile.

Probably helped in my case that I was a new Verizon customer, so everything went through easily. However, my number doesn't currently work (apparently porting a number takes a while from AT&T --> Verizon because AT&T is a pain in the *** about it). No texting, voice mail, etc. yet... *sigh*.
    07-15-2010 02:32 PM
    OPCENTER: Was it more than $199?
    07-15-2010 02:41 PM
    I previously worked for BBY before I joined the fire service. You really have to push them sometimes, but I guarantee you if you had pushed hard enough or called corporate while in the store you would have received the price match.

I didn't realize they had a higher price tag at BBY though... ah well, what can you do?
    07-15-2010 02:42 PM
    OPCENTER: Was it more than $199?
    Nope, it was $199.
    07-15-2010 03:10 PM
    Got mine for 211.99 after tax then my 50 dollar gift card ended up being 161.99. Was out the door in less than 30 min. Great service for me here in Flint, MI
    07-15-2010 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD