Issues Syncing with Exchange

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They probably make you "upgrade" to the $45 data plan for enterprise....but yes, I have my email, calendar, contacts, etc. So yeah, it's all working...I even have a calendar widget on my main page that shows me the upcoming appointments for that day...or several days if there's not much going on :)

Thank you. We are waiting on the verizon rep to call us back now, I hope the wait to get the phones is not going to be long.

thanks again

bje924#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
BTW, not only does it not have to do with policies (since mine are very loose and exchange 2003 is loose by default) but i was looking into Motorola forums and apprently it is a widespread issue with anyone using exchange 2003....everyone is having the same issue, it just doesn't work with it (later versions work fine). Apprently MOTO forgot that there are companies that still use 2003, oh like 100,00+...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We use Exchange 2003 and I had no issues setting it up. I still switched to Touchdown though because the interface is a million times better in my opinion.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you ping that address does it give you the server name? Also is it a private or public address? Maybe you were connecting via a VPN before? Regardless, I'm reading about a lot of Exchange issues with this phone and the Moto email app.

bje924#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
quick question...how do i get snippets of messages and tasks to show in that box on the main screen of touchdown...and is there a way to crearte a new contact from the main phone contacts app and have it saved as a touchdown contact?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
quick question...how do i get snippets of messages and tasks to show in that box on the main screen of touchdown...and is there a way to crearte a new contact from the main phone contacts app and have it saved as a touchdown contact?

I don't think the snippet thing is possible. Might be a good feature request for them. You will need to create new contacts in Touchdown, not the main phone contacts app.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
cory you must love touchdown :)....yeah th I.P. will not work, this "Advanced" phone doesn't understand numbers...

I do, and I'm apologize if you see me repeating that in so many places. It's just that every time a new phone comes out, these threads start popping up with a bunch of weird unexplainable issues, and yet Touchdown always seems to work. So yeah I really push for people to try it, if nothing else just as a troubleshooting measure to determine if it's the default email apps problem, or something people are typing in wrong. 9 times out of 10, people end up preferring all the added functionality Touchdown provides and end up sticking with it. But it is pricey for an app (like $20 or something), which is a deterrent for some.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I think you can do it because I also have certification issues. I assume you are using the corporate sync app from moto. :)

Go ahead and setup the account. It will probably fail. Then go to settings >>> accounts and select the account. There is an option to NOT verify the certificate.

Also .. I have used touchdown and it works very well also. They have a free trial.

Try that and see if it helps.

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Exchange contact sync

the X doesn't seem to be syncing contact pictures with my exchange; is anyone else having this problem?

bosoxyear

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Had the exact same issue. I have connected with a variety of phones but couldn't get the droid x to work. Finally, after a few hours, I got lucky! The domain had to have the ".com" after it.

Domain = yourcompany.com\jdoe

This is the first phone I have ever had to do that with.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Exchange email threads are popping up like crazy. I'm merging a bunch together, so we have a centralized thread to discuss the issues people are having.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the problem is the address given to me by IT is all numbers. However, that format has worked on laptops and my Droid.

We were testing out the X and could not get it set up on exchange either. We use an all number server address. You even need a ":" and then the port number at the end. Works fine on my Inc but the X would not take the format. Hopefully Moto works it out.

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all the suggestions and no go. It seems activesync gets in a loop trying to connect and never does.

How were you guys able to connect with the free version touchdown. I know my work exchange is 2003. The domain is in CAPS and the server address is different from the domain.

Any other thing i could try?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 exchange accounts setup - one is on premise sbs 2003 and other is hosted 2010. The only thing I found is it didn't like symbols in the password. I reset both p/w's to something less complex (ex: Passw0rd) and was able to connect with normal settings.

xsfspd

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't get the built in sync or touchdown to work at all just sits there. I saw an update is coming to improve Exchange support hope that is the case!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm