would you do this??

mikeydooodie

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
now let me preface my story. After i got this email i walked over to the local vzw store to look at the phone. It was a premium retailer not a corporate store he didnt have one on display but he had a dummy i held it in hand it felt good, it looked good and i walked out. My phone goes off, 9550, grab it out of my pocket and bam it takes a dive to the concrete face down and i crack the screen lol. Like a sign from god this phone was killling itself knowing that I might be leaving it . But anyway here was the email I got from verizon about moving my upgrade date up and what they offered. Should I take it or try to fight for the upgrade price? I figured it out to be around 400$ I really dont want to pay that but if i have to pony up 100 to asurion for a new 9550 that I really dont want. My phone now works just a cracked screen i could use it no problem but the crack annoys me. I emailed and asked about upgrading and lied, lol, about having one pre ordered at best buy. This was the response

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Shaqueda, and I am happy to assist you regarding your interest in obtaining the Droid X device at a discounted rate. I certainly understand your anticipation of receiving this device. I'll be happy top provide you with the offer of a receiving the devices at a discounted rate.

Your 20-month upgrade eligibility date for your lines of service is 07/22/2011. Your primary line of service ending in 7095 is eligible for an Annual upgrade as of 11/22/2010.Our Annual Upgrade Program, which is only available to existing customers. You are qualified to participate in this program because you meet the following requirements:

? You have been on a plan with a monthly access fee of $49.99 or higher for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request and a two-year customer agreement.

? You have completed 12 full months of service from the date of the last discounted equipment purchase (upgrade or new activation on a two-year customer agreement) on a monthly access fee of $49.99 or higher for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request.

? Your account is current, with no past-due balance.

The following is important information regarding the Annual Upgrade Program:

? Requires a new two-year agreement that would reset eligibility for New Every Two.
? The New Every Two credit cannot be used in conjunction with the Annual Upgrade Program.
? A $20.00 Annual Upgrade Fee is required to change from the old equipment to the new equipment if the upgrade is done at a store or via Customer Service.
? A $35.00 restocking fee applies on all exchanges that occur during the 30-day worry free guarantee return/exchange period. This would include exchanges for a different model or same model but a different color. If you return your device and buy a replacement within three days of the last return, you will also be charged this fee. (Note: This does not apply for exchanges caused by a defect in the device.)

If you would like to obtain Droid X devices at this time I'd be happy to extend to you a 30% discount off of the full retail pricing of the devices. Please note this offer does not impact the pricing of the devices that you have ordered through Best Buy. If your would like to take advantage of this offer I can also be reached at 803-400-4456 ext 7791 between the hours of 12:00PM-11:00PM, Mon. - Thurs. Our customer Service Department is open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., daily. If you wish to speak to a representative, please call *611 from your wireless handset or 800-922-0204 from a landline phone.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
if you haven't even completed 1 year of a 2 year contract, theres a slim chance they will let you upgrade, especially if you have insurance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech