selectively sync

calvin6

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

new to the android scene so i apologize if I ask something stupid. I switched over from blackberry and got the X today. Got the last one at the store! I was wondering if there was any way to selectively sync my facebook contacts. When I went through the blur facebook application, it added every contact from my facebook to my contact list. I was just hoping that it would add pictures to the contacts that are just in my phone. There doesn't seem to be a sync option with google's official facebook application either. Any light you guys could shed on the matter would be greaaaatly appreciated. Thanks all

p.s. iphone sucks! =)

MikeV#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain, I've been trying all day lol. I go on facebook and I make phonecalls I dont really like the two to mingle considering I barely talk to half of them. Awkward accidental phonecall would be pretty weird

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
If I already sync'd all of my facebook friends (thinking they'd link with my contacts...yeah, right)...can this be undone?

I installed Facebook sync so I'm going to go through and do that, but I've got like three different sets of contacts.

I think my contacts transferred weird anyways, I seem to have a few different sets of contacts...I'll figure that out though.

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If I already sync'd all of my facebook friends (thinking they'd link with my contacts...yeah, right)...can this be undone?

I installed Facebook sync so I'm going to go through and do that, but I've got like three different sets of contacts.

I think my contacts transferred weird anyways, I seem to have a few different sets of contacts...I'll figure that out though.

They don't auto link but you can manually link them if its not something insanely large via the contacts app. What is sorta nice is that if you link them, but dont want all your FB as contacts you can switch the view to Gmail and that view will still use the FB pics. It has a weird quirk where it isnt caching the pics into the contacts so everytime you go back to contacts it feels like the phone is actively pulling the picutres from FB every time so it slows things down. Very annoying.

Gonna see about if there is a way to turn off using FB pics since if it doesnt cache makes things unsnappy!
Answer You Cant :(

Phone forces you to pic FB or Twitter, very very lame:

To change which account provides the pictures for your Contacts, from the home screen touch Launcher icon > My Accounts > Menu> Picture source (Where is the no picture option!!!!!)

Last edited:

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can only sync with friends that are in your contacts, but pretty sure it wont put them with your contacts and sync them unless the names from fb and your contacts are exactly the same. If they aren't the same then you'll have to go through it manually and do it

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
I'm just going to embrace all of those contacts and sync the ones in my normal contacts that are on FB with their FB contact.

What a mess...this is where I miss my BB...and then I get over it LOL

Change is good...change is good...thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech