I just got my Droid X around 6pm and was having fun, taking pictures, downloading apps, and then all of a sudden whenever I open my camera or camcorder app, where there would be an image from the lens...it's just black. can't figure out what to do at all.

Is there some kind of way that I can reset my phone to factory defaults or something?
    07-15-2010 09:50 PM
    I believe you can in the privacy setting on the phone.
    07-15-2010 10:34 PM
    I tried wiping the device to factory defaults and it didn't work. It didn't even delete the pictures I had already taken.

What do you think would happen if I brought this to Verizon?
    07-15-2010 10:59 PM
    they would replace the phone providing they have some in stock to replace it with.
    07-16-2010 12:20 AM
    they would replace the phone providing they have some in stock to replace it with.
    Yup that will be the problem.
    07-16-2010 01:33 AM
    That happened to me once, removing my finger from in front of the lens cleared it right up... :o
    07-16-2010 05:16 AM
    I bought two Xs and one is being returned for the same issue. I was first in line so i was in and out but still had to have vzw overnight me one because all my local stores were out by 9am or so.
    07-16-2010 06:59 AM
    I just got my Droid X around 6pm and was having fun, taking pictures, downloading apps, and then all of a sudden whenever I open my camera or camcorder app, where there would be an image from the lens...it's just black. can't figure out what to do at all.

Is there some kind of way that I can reset my phone to factory defaults or something?
    Move your finger from in front of the lens
    07-16-2010 07:52 AM
    Hah, it's not my finger in front of the lens. I'm just gonna bring it back to Verizon and get a replacement.
    07-16-2010 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD