I'm currently using the Bold9650 (Tour replacement) but I am eligible for an annual upgrade and am seriously contemplating the new Droid X.

Any thoughts/help/advice on a Droid vs BB and which one?

Thanks
    07-16-2010 07:22 AM
    I also was on the new Tour but gave it up for the Droid X and don't plan on turning back my only flaw since having it is the size of this Joker not very pocket friendly.. Take the 30 day test drive I'm sure you will keep it..
    07-16-2010 07:31 AM
    Thanks! I did some more research and think I would do the X over the incredible.

Some people have said the battery life sucks though. My bb can almost get through a day without recharging.
    07-16-2010 09:26 AM
    I dont know, maybe Im a lucky one but my Battery life on my Droid X is 10 times better then my battery life on my Incredible. The battery life on the Incredible is absolutely rediculous. The first day I got it at around 11 am on the 14th and was at 50% on the 15th at around 6pm sooo.... not sure. My Incredible would hardly get me through half a day without having to charge it. That thing was constantly on the charger.
    07-16-2010 09:40 AM
    I've had an Incredible since it came out. It's rooted so I get the wireless hotspot for free (which I use on vacation with my ipad). I checked out the X yesterday, and found that even though I'm a fairly large guy 6' 200# it was a bit too big. Also it seemed a little laggy, which is odd, but substantiated by some vids on droid-life.com. I'm going to keep my incredible until someone comes up with a true high def screen on an Android device.
    07-16-2010 09:49 AM
    I've had an Incredible since it came out. It's rooted so I get the wireless hotspot for free (which I use on vacation with my ipad). I checked out the X yesterday, and found that even though I'm a fairly large guy 6' 200# it was a bit too big. Also it seemed a little laggy, which is odd, but substantiated by some vids on droid-life.com. I'm going to keep my incredible until someone comes up with a true high def screen on an Android device.
    Yeah I see what you mean by the X being laggy. For some reason it is and I dont like it. Especially for a device thats being hyped up like crazy. Not sure if its the Ninjablur or what not but its definately not smooth.

I got mine from Walmart so I only have 15 days to check it out before I can return it. I better make up my mind quick.
    07-16-2010 10:21 AM
    I've had my X for a day now and honestly haven't experienced any lag. The browser is a lot smoother than the one on my Droid (overclocked and running 2.2) and pinch/zoom as well as scrolling are very smooth for me. Seeing how well the Droid's browser improved in 2.2, it will only get better once the X gets it next month. The browsing experience is so much better on the X now and the 4.3 inch display makes it so much more enjoyable that I'm typing on it right now while my laptop is sealed in its bag.
    07-16-2010 10:59 AM
    i went from a Incredible to the X yesterday. i can say i would never look back. i will take not being able to do custom roms for the better built device. i was on my 3rd incredible, and the dang rattle at the top of the incredible DROVE ME NUTS!! and the crappy speaaker for ringtone and speaker phone that blows out....
    peformace wise i think its as good if not better than my incredible...
    im more than happy.
    07-16-2010 11:14 AM
    I've had my X for a day now and honestly haven't experienced any lag. The browser is a lot smoother than the one on my Droid (overclocked and running 2.2) and pinch/zoom as well as scrolling are very smooth for me. Seeing how well the Droid's browser improved in 2.2, it will only get better once the X gets it next month. The browsing experience is so much better on the X now and the 4.3 inch display makes it so much more enjoyable that I'm typing on it right now while my laptop is sealed in its bag.
    I agree with the experience of having a larger screen makes browsing that much better, however, for som reason, my browser just isnt performing quicker and the pinch to zoom isnt as smooth as my Inc. However, if I can get those issues ironed out, Im in love Another thing also, swiping screen to screen isnt as smooth but, if I use LauncherPro, its smooth as silk.

Now, if we can only get the WiFi issue resolved also.
    07-16-2010 12:00 PM
    I agree with the experience of having a larger screen makes browsing that much better, however, for som reason, my browser just isnt performing quicker and the pinch to zoom isnt as smooth as my Inc. However, if I can get those issues ironed out, Im in love Another thing also, swiping screen to screen isnt as smooth but, if I use LauncherPro, its smooth as silk.

Now, if we can only get the WiFi issue resolved also.
    Remember the Droid's browser post 2.2 (on 2.1)? And now look at the Droid's browser with 2.2. Big improvement (smoother and faster).

Again, I'm not having any issues. No Wifi issues or pinch/zoom issues. Everything (including swiping homescreens on the stock launcher) is smooth and just works the way I wanted for me.
    07-16-2010 12:32 PM
    Remember the Droid's browser post 2.2 (on 2.1)? And now look at the Droid's browser with 2.2. Big improvement (smoother and faster).

Again, I'm not having any issues. No Wifi issues or pinch/zoom issues. Everything (including swiping homescreens on the stock launcher) is smooth and just works the way I wanted for me.
    Your one lucky guy then. Swiping from screen to screen is choppy as ever on the stock UI. If I switch to LauncherPro its smooth but the stock is slow as ****. Wifi connectivity issues is plagueing my phone. Browser scrolling/pinch to zoom is choppy . Those are my main concerns, oh and also the device getting hot.. again, another issue I had with the Inc.
    07-16-2010 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD