I read the articles on how Verizon would have enough X's for launch day. So I trusted them.
    Still, I put a deposit down on one at a non corporate store. They said they had 10 on order and I was #4.
    Verizon shipped them 1 phone.

Now I wait :o
    07-16-2010 10:20 AM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep, he said they went thrue over 100,000 of the droid X's yesterday. We are ordering 10 of them for the company here. He said we should get them around next friday if not before.
    07-16-2010 11:26 AM
    Yep I was told I shouldn't worry they would have enough hands down. They were shipped 2 on opening day

Seriously who only gets 2 phones in on launch day...
    07-16-2010 11:31 AM
    Personally, I think running out of them is a marketing stunt to create more demand.
    07-16-2010 11:32 AM
    Personally, I think running out of them is a marketing stunt to create more demand.
    Or make us buy online or something :P
    07-16-2010 11:37 AM
    Agreed....
    At least with the Inc. nobody knew how much they would sell imho, but they knew this was coming....unless they want to still move more Inc's before really distributing more X's?
    07-16-2010 11:37 AM
    +1 on that. I've been waiting for almost 6 weeks now on either an Inc or the Droid X with this store I used, I have a deposit down on BOTH. They can't seem to get either one to me. I asked for my refund back, so I get to wait another week or so to get the check in the mail. I will NEVER use a Verizon store again. If I were to stick with this store, I MIGHT be able to get the Inc or X about the time to Droid 3 is announced.

At the risk of inciting a flame war, I'm tempted to drop my standards, morals, and politics, and go get an iPhone just to make a point.
    07-16-2010 01:19 PM
    +1 on that. I've been waiting for almost 6 weeks now on either an Inc or the Droid X with this store I used, I have a deposit down on BOTH. They can't seem to get either one to me. I asked for my refund back, so I get to wait another week or so to get the check in the mail. I will NEVER use a Verizon store again. If I were to stick with this store, I MIGHT be able to get the Inc or X about the time to Droid 3 is announced.

At the risk of inciting a flame war, I'm tempted to drop my standards, morals, and politics, and go get an iPhone just to make a point.
    Good luck, I was a long time hold out on the mythical Verizon iPhone, and just couldnt bring myself to sacrifice the network for the phone.
    07-16-2010 01:26 PM
    Good luck, I was a long time hold out on the mythical Verizon iPhone, and just couldnt bring myself to sacrifice the network for the phone.
    Actually I was referring to the non-Verizon variety of iPhone.

Course I'm not going to to that, but at the moment I'm irritated enough to.
    07-16-2010 01:36 PM
    I had 20 people in line behind me at my store no problems with them running out while i was there. And only use an "authorized" vz store they have a red little building next to them on vzw.com. The non corporate stores are too shady for me.
    07-16-2010 01:52 PM
    Its going to be a long time before they get this opening day demand down. Its also going to be a long time before a Verizon or their manufacturer put their neck on the line for a single phone release. Apple and AT&T know that they will easily sell in weeks 1.7 million phones. Can someone actually guarantee that the X would sell 100k even over the course of its time on the market? Specially with the Inc and Droid available. Heck with the Samsung's whom are no slouches are just randomly showing up on the shelves. What does Verizon do about the Droid 2? More or less stock then the X?

You want good production and you want good stock on opening day but you don't want to miss judge things and end up with a bunch of phones that you are para dropping into Africa.
    07-16-2010 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD