Questions about the battery tab

Smoke N Crack

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
OK unboxed my X and i want to know if anyone else did this... before putting the battery in the phone, there is a tab that says pull. i figured it was like other electronics where you need to pull it off before it works. i pulled the damn thing and it ripped off . i then put my battery in and realized i wanted to change the SD card and i couldnt get the battery to come out. i went up to Verizon and i was told that the tab is to be pulled to get battery out.

Am i dumb or is it not clear? i ended up getting the battery out. it ripped off but it was still tacky so i just pressed it down and put battery back in.
With BB, I always had to do battery pulls but with this phone I guess i dont ever need to do this. so should i not worry about this then?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
very stupid question

I just got my X and I already have my first question and have not even turned it on.

When it came in the box, the back was off and the battery was laying there. There is a tab that says Pull, but when you take the batter out, it says do not cut.

When I started to pull, the entire black thing started to come out, so I stopped and returned it.

Any I supposed to remove that entire black thing on the pull tab, or is the pull tab more for removing the battery?

I have plugged it in, so it is charging, but I want to know whether the pull tab is supposed to be pulled completely out, or just pull to remove battery.

Thanks.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my X and I already have my first question and have not even turned it on.

When it came in the box, the back was off and the battery was laying there. There is a tab that says Pull, but when you take the batter out, it says do not cut.

When I started to pull, the entire black thing started to come out, so I stopped and returned it.

Any I supposed to remove that entire black thing on the pull tab, or is the pull tab more for removing the battery?

I have plugged it in, so it is charging, but I want to know whether the pull tab is supposed to be pulled completely out, or just pull to remove battery.

Thanks.

Its for pulling the battery out :)

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My BB rep tried to pull it off(I thought same thing as OP and didn't say anything), luckily she didn't try too hard and the VZ rep told her it's meant to pull out battery.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been waiting for someone to post something like this. If you have two batteries like I will and swap them a lot, that tab is bound to come off at some point, even if you do it correctly.

Last edited:

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup I did the very same thing. I called CS and he said I was the ONLY one to do this. Ha! I wrapped a piece pf paper tape around the battery so I can get it out.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Do I pull this sticker off the back of the battery cover?

I just got my phone and the battery section has a sticker with the ESN on it. The top left says "Pull," but when I pulled it the entire sticker came off. I looked at it and it is all one piece. Did I do this right? I can't imagine I did because then I would have no way of knowing what the ESN to the phone is. And if not, what is supposed to be pulled?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8229/phone001.jpg

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I just figured out this sticker is how you pull up the battery. I really wish I hadn't just ripped the top part off. I guess that's why it says "Do Not Cut."

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly why it says do not cut, LOL. Sucks man. Good thing I didn't cut mine.

Yeah, and it turns out the battery is very difficult to get out without the sticker. I ended up having to wrap electrical tape around my battery and make a handle to pull it out. That sticker looked just like one of those stickers that comes on printer toners they always want you to remove.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
lol glad I was careful to take it off and was able to put it back in place!

what confused me even more was the picture of the trash can with the x through it on the plastic piece. dont know what I was thinking but I actually wondered why they didnt want you to throw away the piece! :eek:

thank you for clearing this up. i have to think a lot of people are going to be wondering about what they are supposed to do where it says "do not cut"...maybe the tab was too small to say "do not remove"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac