I just realized a problem I have...a small problem but still not happy. The charger for the phone is about half the length or less of any other phone charger I've ever had. We're talking 2 feet max. Kind of pain if laying in bed and phone is charging and I get no slack from the charger...I'll get over it tho...
    07-15-2010 09:48 AM
    I just realized a problem I have...a small problem but still not happy. The charger for the phone is about half the length or less of any other phone charger I've ever had. We're talking 2 feet max. Kind of pain if laying in bed and phone is charging and I get no slack from the charger...I'll get over it tho...
    Easy fix: Use your Storm 2 charger
    07-15-2010 09:51 AM
    For only $1.34 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 10ft | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

$2 cheap enough for a 10 foot micro usb cable? (i rounded up from $1.63)
    quiverskeep likes this.
    07-15-2010 09:52 AM
    Haha good point. I agree the charger is short. I still have gripes about the buttons honestly. Not sure how I will take them but so far people like them.
    07-15-2010 09:53 AM
    Just use your charger from the Storm.
    07-15-2010 10:08 AM
    You could use your BlackBerry charger
    07-15-2010 10:59 AM
    Just use your charger from the Storm.
    Hahah sorry guys...didnt even realize that the storm charger was the same...good too know i now have 2 chargers lol
    07-15-2010 11:01 AM
    10 ft USB extension cable FTW! Do the Motorola widgets work with any of the launchers.
    07-15-2010 01:13 PM
    Hahah sorry guys...didnt even realize that the storm charger was the same...good too know i now have 2 chargers lol
    Forget that, get a USB extender. Cost you $2 for a 6 or 10 foot one. The storm charger is known at times to make items on the screen to randomly jump around weirdly.
    07-15-2010 09:12 PM
    Forget that, get a USB extender. Cost you $2 for a 6 or 10 foot one. The storm charger is known at times to make items on the screen to randomly jump around weirdly.
    Huh? Post a link, or I call BS. I have never heard of such tomfoolery.
    07-15-2010 09:55 PM
    FRYS.com | PPA

Actually got one cheaper at the store itself -- but this is what I found online ....
    07-15-2010 10:37 PM
    Really? now i'm scared to use my storm 2 charger haha
    07-15-2010 10:39 PM
    FRYS.com*|*PPA

Actually got one cheaper at the store itself -- but this is what I found online ....
    Yeah man. It's cheaper in the fry's store, or you can get one from Amazon. I charge my phone halfway across the room. It's 10 foot. Works great.
    07-16-2010 03:47 AM
    Yeah man. It's cheaper in the fry's store, or you can get one from Amazon. I charge my phone halfway across the room. It's 10 foot. Works great.
    The Cord sounds great - I was just calling BS on the "charger messing with the screen" part.

I don't see why using the Storm micro connector would be bad? The VZW rep told me I could use it. Hmmm...
    07-16-2010 06:12 AM
    The Cord sounds great - I was just calling BS on the "charger messing with the screen" part.

I don't see why using the Storm micro connector would be bad? The VZW rep told me I could use it. Hmmm...
    No, I can confirm it is bad. Well, not BAD but when plugged in while using a Blackberry charger, my Moto Droid would sometimes double-type letters, jump around and activate things I didn't actually touch. Don't know why...
    07-16-2010 08:48 AM
    No, I can confirm it is bad. Well, not BAD but when plugged in while using a Blackberry charger, my Moto Droid would sometimes double-type letters, jump around and activate things I didn't actually touch. Don't know why...
    This is most likely due to the Storm charger sending more voltage than the X charger does, this would cause the screen to be more "sensitive" and selecting things that you don't really press. I noticed it on my BB Storm 2 when I used a different charger than the proprietary one given by RIMM.
    07-16-2010 10:50 AM
    This is most likely due to the Storm charger sending more voltage than the X charger does, this would cause the screen to be more "sensitive" and selecting things that you don't really press. I noticed it on my BB Storm 2 when I used a different charger than the proprietary one given by RIMM.
    There are USB extenders that work perfectly without these problems. I've had this happen to me before and I picked up an extender and it worked and fixed it perfectly, especially since the main charger is very short
    07-16-2010 11:00 AM
    Moved posts out of review thread.
    07-16-2010 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD