Cant receive or make calls or text people while Wifi is on

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
-Cant recieve or make calls or text people while Wifi is on. Not sure whats up with this but its damn annoying....

I posted about this in my other thread, but its critical I know before picking up the X this week. I was under the impression that the phone prompted you that a call was coming in and you could elect/decline to accept. If the phone goes straight to VM when I'm browsing the internet/tethered/WiFi I can't get this phone.

Can someone please verify.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I posted about this in my other thread, but its critical I know before picking up the X this week. I was under the impression that the phone prompted you that a call was coming in and you could elect/decline to accept. If the phone goes straight to VM when I'm browsing the internet/tethered/WiFi I can't get this phone.

Can someone please verify.

I have WiFi and GPS on and have been browsing all morning and have received several phone calls and made several....all that happens is a prompt comes up and says "answer or ignore"...dont know why his isnt receiving calls...

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have WiFi and GPS on and have been browsing all morning and have received several phone calls and made several....all that happens is a prompt comes up and says "answer or ignore"...dont know why his isnt receiving calls...

Thanks Chuch. Just saved Moto's sale.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting note about the WiFi issue when receiving a call. I don't recall that being an issue with the Incredible. I'll be interested to test this out when I get home.

Last edited:

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting note about the WiFi issue when receiving a call. I don't recall that being an issue with the Incredible. I'll be interested to test this out when I get home.

As I stated earlier...I think only one person had this issue...I have no problems receiving calls while on WiFi...

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
As I stated earlier...I think only one person had this issue...I have no problems receiving calls while on WiFi...

For me personally, its more prevelant(sp?) when trying to send/recieve texts with WiFi on. It just doesnt work. I keep getting failed to send text message error every time. Once I turn off WiFi, it works like normal.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For me personally, its more prevelant(sp?) when trying to send/recieve texts with WiFi on. It just doesnt work. I keep getting failed to send text message error every time. Once I turn off WiFi, it works like normal.

Hmmm thats odd...I've sent and received probably 100 text and made/received 10+ phone calls with WiFi and GPS on...it sounds like maybe a problem with your router settings or even the WiFi settings on the phone? Did you change any settings from their default on the phone?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm thats odd...I've sent and received probably 100 text and made/received 10+ phone calls with WiFi and GPS on...it sounds like maybe a problem with your router settings or even the WiFi settings on the phone? Did you change any settings from their default on the phone?

I just recieved some text messages with WiFi on, however, sending them with Wifi is still an issue. Havnt changed anything other then connect to my houses wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers