12-01-2010 04:24 PM
42 12
tools
    Anyone else think that the ringer volume is a bit low. I have a ringtone that I was using on my Storm 1 and I could hear it anywhere in my house. I put the same tone on the Droid X and I can barely hear it across the room. I have turned the ringer and notifications volumes up fully.
    07-15-2010 07:30 PM
    Is it just me or is the X suuuuper quiet? What am i doing wrong and how can I fix it?
    07-16-2010 05:16 PM
    You probably have tried it but use the volume rocker on the right side to increase the volume.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-16-2010 05:18 PM
    is anyone else experiencing the the weak speakers on the droid x? i find it to be a lot lower than the original droid, i hope there is a software fix for this to make the speakers louder. other than that I'm in love with this phone, is definitely a beast!!!
    07-16-2010 06:19 PM
    Ha! I thought the speaker was pretty loud, but I came from 4 years of iPhone so what do I know.
    07-16-2010 06:25 PM
    Is your volume all the way up just utilizing the physical rocker or did you actually go into Settings>Sound and display and set the volume all the way up for ringer and media?
    07-16-2010 06:35 PM
    From my perspective, it's a trade-off. Yes, it's not as loud as my BB 8330, but at the same time it has better control over the dynamics. No more distorted crackling for the most part. But man, that Rooster alarm...
    07-16-2010 06:40 PM
    Totally agree! I find it super quiet to the point I was going to swing by the store and see if it's just my unit. I can barely hear it when i get any notifications.
    07-16-2010 06:44 PM
    Yeah I was so bad that my alarm on the X didn't even wake me up this morning!

Ugh...
    07-16-2010 06:49 PM
    You can probably put custom notifications on it that you make louder. It wont sound as good, but it should be louder. I feel like i had to do this on a windows mobile phone back in the day.
    07-16-2010 07:01 PM
    If your ringer volume is up, notifications should be too. Check settings. Something is wrong if it is not loud enough. The X has a very clear speaker and 7/10 on the volume scale for a cell phone. Only bested by the old Blackberry 9000, but rest of the package blows away those old Blackberries.
    07-16-2010 11:05 PM
    Is your volume all the way up just utilizing the physical rocker or did you actually go into Settings>Sound and display and set the volume all the way up for ringer and media?
    Notifications is a third volume control (beyond ringer and media). You can maximize notification volume by selecting Settings --> Sound &Display --> Notification Ringtone and using the volume rocker switch when viewing the available notification sounds (the volume thermometer will be titled Notification Volume if you did this right).
    07-16-2010 11:34 PM
    i sure hope this gets fixed in the next update .. speaker is deff. alot lower than the original droid..alarm almot didnt wake me up this morning... grrr. other that that the phone is perfect.
    07-17-2010 12:20 AM
    If you remember in the reviews it was said that the speaker is not as loud on the Droid X as most Motorola phones have been in the past... Probably to keep the weight down and make it so light they went with a smaller speaker... There are settings for the speaker basically an equalizer...

Sound & Display...
    Media audio effects...
    Phone Speaker...

Try playing with these and see if you can get a better sound output... But otherwise get a blue tooth or use the audio cable that came with your dock and plug it into your stereo...
    07-17-2010 01:33 AM
    If you remember in the reviews it was said that the speaker is not as loud on the Droid X as most Motorola phones have been in the past... Probably to keep the weight down and make it so light they went with a smaller speaker... There are settings for the speaker basically an equalizer...

Sound & Display...
    Media audio effects...
    Phone Speaker...

Try playing with these and see if you can get a better sound output... But otherwise get a blue tooth or use the audio cable that came with your dock and plug it into your stereo...
    Thanks!!! that helped out a good bit! :-)
    07-17-2010 02:01 AM
    The volume on my phones sounds good; too loud at times in fact.
    07-17-2010 03:49 AM
    I agree. The only thing I'm missing from my ol BB Storm is the screaming loud speaker. Made hearing the thing ring easy, and speaker phone a dream.
    07-17-2010 05:10 AM
    def not as loud as my other phones, I had to use a custom "loud" ringtone also.
    07-17-2010 05:50 AM
    I think a 2nd speaker would have done wonders on this phone. The Touch Pro 2 had one and it made all the difference in the world. Maybe next time.
    07-17-2010 08:35 AM
    I agree....Definately a 2nd speaker would have done wonders....for this being my 1st Droid coming from Storm 1 & 2, This is the only major negative I could find in the ringtone volume.

I think a 2nd speaker would have done wonders on this phone. The Touch Pro 2 had one and it made all the difference in the world. Maybe next time.
    07-17-2010 09:03 AM
    Sounds like ringtones have low volume...how about other applications, such as Google Maps and Turn x Turn Directions (also does it work with BT?) Or Speakerphone volume. Thanks Kindly.
    07-17-2010 10:20 AM
    Mine sounds just as clear and loud as my original droid.
    07-17-2010 10:48 AM
    I compared it to the droid and it's not as loud but it is clearer with less crackling. So far its not a problem for me though. It can probably be improved with a software update.
    07-17-2010 11:03 AM
    i agree with most of the posts here, I definitely wish the speaker were louder. It's a little on the soft side. Listening to Pandora through the speaker is a bit saddening.
    07-17-2010 11:10 AM
    Went into Verizon today to purchase accessories for my X. Spoke with one of the reps helping me, who had her X on her desk. She said the only issue she had with the phone was listening to her music without earbuds...it was too low in volume without them.
    07-17-2010 11:47 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD