When someone's figured out how to save a pdf file from an email to the phone, tell me

floydiannyc

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've done some searching and some people say Astro file manager. I downloaded it, but it doesn't browse my gmail folders.

When someone's figured out a way to save pdfs files from email onto my phone, let me know, please.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
When you get a PDF in Gmail, and click preview, it will open it up in Quick Office, if you don't have another PDF viewer installed. Where Gmail puts that PDF is a mystery (to me anyways), so you will not be able to retrieve it after the fact. The only way I've been able to save a copy of a PDF, is to download Docs to Go, and select it as the program to preview the PDF in. Docs to Go has an option that allows you to do a file > save as, and save it to whatever folder you want on your SD card.

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
When you get a PDF in Gmail, and click preview, it will open it up in Quick Office, if you don't have another PDF viewer installed. Where Gmail puts that PDF is a mystery (to me anyways), so you will not be able to retrieve it after the fact. The only way I've been able to save a copy of a PDF, is to download Docs to Go, and select it as the program to preview the PDF in. Docs to Go has an option that allows you to do a file > save as, and save it to whatever folder you want on your SD card.

Hmmm, that's weird. I just previewed a PDF in gmail and clicked preview and opened it with QuickOffice PDF. Hit menu and then save. It saved mine to sdcard/Messaging. I was able to pull it up after the fact.

EDIT: I bought QuickOffice so the QuickOffice PDF might only be with the paid version. Don't know.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC