04-13-2012 08:32 AM
233 ... 78910
tools
    Dolphin HD is the best one I have used in my opinion I like other options that some of the other ones have but the HD seems to act like the fastest to me.
    01-14-2011 07:36 PM
    I've always like the stock browser. But Opera Mini is nice as well but I think me using it on BB got me comfortable with it.
    01-15-2011 12:57 AM
    Ok, I searched, but couldn't find an answer.

When texting in landscape, there is no "send" button, only a "done" button.
    After pressing the "done" button, it brings you to the send button.
    Any way to change this?
    01-20-2011 03:35 PM
    Ok, I searched, but couldn't find an answer.

When texting in landscape, there is no "send" button, only a "done" button.
    After pressing the "done" button, it brings you to the send button.
    Any way to change this?
    Only way I know around that is use a third party text client such as ChompSMS found in the market for free. That is what I use. Very customizable and when you hit send or enter the text sends right away. There are other clients as well but I have not tried them.
    scottabutler likes this.
    01-20-2011 04:51 PM
    sweet thanks for the tips
    02-08-2011 01:24 PM
    hello everyone. im new here btw and first of all would like to thank everyone for all the tips. you have made learning my new droid sooooo much easier. so for my question. of course this thing is sucking my battery like a vampire. ive seen it go back and forth some ppl love the task killer and some hate. I look under the manager and it blew my mind can anyone tell me if i can just go thru and wipe it all out so itll only use what i ask? or would i stop something that is need i dont want to crash it. please advise.
    02-12-2011 02:36 AM
    Scott - I'm new to the Android world as well, albeit I've been using this phone since July and I notice that the app killer did little to cause the battery to drain. So I removed it - I found for me the battery gets eaten up by the constant refresh of the screen and the brightness of the battery. I stream Pandora roughly 4-6 hours a day, receive roughly 30 emails and do a whole lot of texting. By the end of the evening when I put it on the cradle for a re-charge I still have 50 percent left. I should end with saying that on weekends I do all the above, plus browsing, playing angry birds and allowing my young daughter to use it to play spongebob. With that heavy use, I still go to bed with approximately 50 percent left on the battery. I would consider adjusting the brightness to see if this makes a difference for you. There is an application called Quick Settings that you might be interested in to help with this afford.

Bottom line, you need to adjust to find a comfort zone for you.
    02-12-2011 09:39 AM
    thanks jrod ill give that a shot and see what happens
    02-12-2011 04:09 PM
    I do not get cell service at work and would like to turn 3G/mobile service off and run Wifi only. Wifi easy, turning 3G/Mobile off no clue... please help...
    @komquat. Airplane mode on will turn off the 3G signal.
    scottabutler likes this.
    02-23-2011 01:58 AM
    Is there a way to have the phone continually alert me (vibrate or audio tone) until I check a text message? I get a notification once the sms hits my phone, but I want it to keep alerting me at intervals until I actually check the message. Is this possible?
    02-24-2011 11:08 AM
    Is there a way to have the phone continually alert me (vibrate or audio tone) until I check a text message? I get a notification once the sms hits my phone, but I want it to keep alerting me at intervals until I actually check the message. Is this possible?
    A lot of the SMS notifier apps...I use SMS Notifier v1.5.2 from the developer "Mapeapps", have an option in the settings for "Notification reminders" where you can set how often (in minutes) you want to be reminded of a missed notification or how many times they should remind you. It has the added option of allowing you to change your LED color & vibration pattern too.

The notification options in the stock app don't do this (or at least I have never found it).
    02-24-2011 11:28 AM
    A lot of the SMS notifier apps...I use SMS Notifier v1.5.2 from the developer "Mapeapps", have an option in the settings for "Notification reminders" where you can set how often (in minutes) you want to be reminded of a missed notification or how many times they should remind you. It has the added option of allowing you to change your LED color & vibration pattern too.

The notification options in the stock app don't do this (or at least I have never found it).
    Thank you. I didn't see an option in stock X either.
    02-24-2011 11:44 AM
    Want better pics?
    Some of our photos come out grainy because the ISO settings is set to AUTO by default.
    When in low light conditions (which is most of the time) this will diffidently put you at the highest setting of 800.
    We can cheat this.
    Go to settings and in ISO set to 200.
    Try this out and notice how much better your pics are now.
    Pictures seem to dark for you?
    Then bump it up to 400.
    I have found the 200 setting to be the cats meow.

Camera/Settings/ISO/200
    OK wait I thought low light situation you wanted a higher ISO? Wouldn't the ISO 200 just enable the flash when you take the picture? What about outside shots should you just keep it on auto or? I almost wanted to get the iphone 4 for verizon because it has a better camera but if I can figure these manual settings out on the droid it would make me really happy.
    02-27-2011 01:16 AM

Looked in market and didn't see this app. Searched by developer and app not listed under them. Looks like it may have been removed?
    03-05-2011 10:31 AM
    Looked in market and didn't see this app. Searched by developer and app not listed under them. Looks like it may have been removed?
    It is gone. That's odd. Hmm...I wonder why.
    03-05-2011 11:01 AM
    I was a bit hesitant to use it at first, but I think it's very cool. The trick is to not be precise when you enter a word, which goes against the norm.
    I was a bit scared of it as well. " This is not what I'm used to!" I should give it another go.
    03-11-2011 10:26 AM
    I was just wandering through some of the tips and saw your post, forgive me if you have already found this out, but dxTop will let you do a screen shot and you don't have to be rooted.

dxTop is a home screen launcher like Launcher Pro. I've been using it back and forth with Launcher Pro for a few days and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It's a pay app, but will do what you want. I was just wondering if it can do it, why can't other programs do it?

I'm still not caught up on all my reading, so hopefully I find out later in this thread that you did find a screen capture program. :o

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

There is LITE version of the dxTop that is free. Just found it and started playing around with it but so far it seems quite nice. It does have adds in the menus though. Ive been using the free version of launcher Pro ever sense I got my DX on release day and like it, but it's time for a change.
    03-12-2011 10:55 PM
    to extend battery life, you can go into the data manager in the settings menu and set the social networking to only update on wi-fi
    can you tell me what exactly is being synced over wifi? Say I have seesmic and I want the twitter widget to update with new tweets every hour... is this going to make it wait until I'm in wifi? Or is it more like, it syncs my facebook contacts with my phone's address book while in wifi?
    04-17-2011 01:46 AM
    don't laugh anyone, but i just discovered that from the homescree or in the app draw, if you long press and icon and drag it to the trash can, however hold it there for a couple seconds the phone will prompt to uninstall the application.
    04-17-2011 02:58 PM
    Great read with alot of awesome tips... just read all the way through it while playing with my new phone..
    04-22-2011 09:53 AM
    found out that you can actually disable the lock screen in the settings menu:
    menu>settings>location & security and from there just uncheck the screen lock option. best part is that you can disable the swipe lock, while still keeping a passcode or pattern lock if you want
    Um my options in Location and Security are as follows:
    e911 only
    use wireless networks
    use gps satellites
    enable assisted gps
    calibrate compass
    change screen lock
    use visible pattern
    use tactile feedback
    security lock timer
    set up restriction lock
    visible passwords
    select device administrators
    install from sd card
    set password
    clear storage

where in here can you disable the slide lock while leaving the pattern enabled? entering the "change screen lock" menu simply alters the pattern/pin/pass but the slide is enabled by default. as far as i can see the slide lock can't be disabled
    scottabutler likes this.
    05-26-2011 10:42 PM
    Settings > Call settings > Voicemail setting, then input *86,[pass], should work. Don't forget the comma between the *86 and your pass
    Ok, just tried it, no go
    reddbon4sho likes this.
    06-07-2011 01:18 AM
    You cant do that with a Kindle.
    06-10-2011 12:32 AM
    Ok, just tried it, no go
    it should go like so: *86,password#

Don't forget the # right after the password. NO COMMA after the password.
    06-11-2011 06:58 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the camera sounds when taking a pic and starting a video?
    with the camera open.. click menu>settings>shutter tone>uncheck box
    06-13-2011 03:25 PM
233 ... 78910