Tips and Tricks for the Droid X

envy

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:

After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I only figured this out by accident and I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned it before but here goes:

After you take a picture, you can touch the pic on the screen and rotate the picture any degree you want and once its at your desired angle, it will be saved after you take your finger away.

That doesn't work at all for me. Touching the image immediately after taking a picture just brings up the "Share" "Set as" "quick upload" and "delete" toolbar.

Edit: Never mind, another user already posted that tip in this thread and was a little more clear:

In the gallery click a photo hold down the screen with two fingers and push one up and other down. Will spin and save the photo :)

Last edited:

androiduser1

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

pretty neat ! Thanks :cool:

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a cool little change to the new start launcher animation today, the program list now has a somewhat page wrap effect at top and bottom when menu is scrolled.. Nothing major but thought it gave a nice look.

attachment.php

what is that battery meter with the precentage ? I also wondering is there an app for screen shots yet. If blackberry can do it why can't droid?

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
what is that battery meter with the precentage ? I also wondering is there an app for screen shots yet. If blackberry can do it why can't droid?

The battery app is called Battery Status Pro, the icon can be seen right in his pic.

Screen shots are possible if you root, not sure without (yet).

dougofdoom#AC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Bookmarked this thread, thanks all.

I'm switching from a Blackberry Tour to a Droid X (I've been an iPod Touch user for a while but I'm not switching to AT&T) and I've had some bad experiences with both Facebook and Google syncing with contacts and calendar, so I want to clarify on this. How do I get Facebook on the Droid X and NOT sync anything except pictures for the contacts that are already in my phone contacts? I don't want all my Facebook friends (and everyone's job) in my phone's contacts list. I use phone contacts as my 'real' address book and I don't want it full of fluff. If it's not possible to just add pictures to existing contacts, I'd rather isolate Facebook and sync absolutely nothing with it.

Someone posted about syncmypix earlier in the thread, should I go with that? And should I get the official Facebook app or use the preloaded thing?

Thanks!

jchernyb

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to forward a text message that has a picture included...I have looked everywhere and I cant find out how to do this...thanks!

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get rid of the icon names on the home screens and in the app drawer? I want only the icons to appear...not their names that appear underneath.

crazylegz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
what launcher are you using? i am using launcher pro and i hit the menu button then go to preferences then hit appearance settings then check the box next to Hide Icon Lables

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks just tried it that way and bingo. Haven't been able to get that to work the other way they had me set it in the voice mail option

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
How to PUSH email on the DX

You DO have the ability to have push email with the DX... in spite of what a lot of people in the forums think. You also have the option to follow a owner-designated "fetch schedule". If you have the push option selected, the fetch schedule will only be used if the push isn't working or unavailable.

Here's how you get to it...

Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery>Email and Corporate Sync>Email delivery>Data Push (or Fetch Schedule).

Not that it's easy to find, but it IS there! Happy hunting!:)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You DO have the ability to have push email with the DX... in spite of what a lot of people in the forums think. You also have the option to follow a owner-designated "fetch schedule". If you have the push option selected, the fetch schedule will only be used if the push isn't working or unavailable.

Here's how you get to it...

Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery>Email and Corporate Sync>Email delivery>Data Push (or Fetch Schedule).

Not that it's easy to find, but it IS there! Happy hunting!:)

Quicker, easier way to find it...email, menu button, email settings, email delivery

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen this one on here...to get some useful information about your phone, including date it was built and what is eating your battery, go to the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

Reactions: reddbon4sho

BLLade

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Started reading through this since I got my new DX. Still have a lot of reading to do but can someone point me in the right direction for SWYPE? I searched through the market and was unable to locate it.
thanks

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Started reading through this since I got my new DX. Still have a lot of reading to do but can someone point me in the right direction for SWYPE? I searched through the market and was unable to locate it.
thanks

It's already on your device.

Go to Keyboard in your settings.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
why the hell does the facebook app take you to the mobile site in order to reply to a comment in your news feed but if you go to the persons page on the app you can comment within the app. Just dumb. When will we get the app like iphone for the love of android.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
why the hell does the facebook app take you to the mobile site in order to reply to a comment in your news feed but if you go to the persons page on the app you can comment within the app. Just dumb. When will we get the app like iphone for the love of android.

I agree although i think some of the recent stuff on the app upgrade are superior to that of the i phone the notification window is cool and all around setup. It feels like there's room for more stuff. Im sure its on the way but a favorites friend menu and chat should already be there. And stop directing us to the site if we.wanted to go there we would save the space on our phones and not download the app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo