Auto-rebooting

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My 1 day old X has started randomly rebooting continuously. There is maybe a 10 second lag between reboots. Even does this in safe mode. I was not using the phone when this started. Pulling the battery will stop it but if you power it back up it starts again. Guess I'm returning this junk.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine did a random reboot last night for no reason at all. Kinda scared me as I was doing something and then WHAM......reboot/restart. Once it restarted, everything looked fine. Not sure what caused it.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If its rebooting continuously then that's probably a problem. My DX has not spontaneously rebooted at all. Yeah, I guess you can chalk up one random reboot as a bug in the OS. Having it do it continually, well then there's a hardware defect

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what I figured since it won't stop. Guess I was the lucky one to get the defective X. Now I have to wait for them to ship me a new one since the stores in Memphis are sold out. VZW even made me pay for the new one to be refunded once I return the broken one. Great customer service there.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That's what I figured since it won't stop. Guess I was the lucky one to get the defective X. Now I have to wait for them to ship me a new one since the stores in Memphis are sold out. VZW even made me pay for the new one to be refunded once I return the broken one. Great customer service there.

Are you young and new to Verizon? They probably did that because of a "credit" issue ...as in they don't know if they can trust you yet due to having a very short account history. That's my guess at least.

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No, we have been with them for 10 years so that was not the issue. Maybe I should have insisted on a supervisor but my husband was trying to deal with it before going to work and time was limited to argue with them.

andron

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine has randomly rebooted about 10 times, twice today while using navigation to get around in an unfamiliar area. Not good.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine has rebooted a couple times, once the screen came back negative... like colors, blacks were white and such, scared me to death, but i rebooted it and it hasnt done it since... i think i was doing to much at once and it freaked

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
mine rebooted within the first 15 minutes of using it, but i was installing a ton of apps very quickly, listening to music, and i opened the browser

no issues since

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Lots of random reboots going on but I'm apparently the only one special enough to have it happen in 10 second intervals. Lucky me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Mine did not reboot but did freeze up today and when i pushed the lock button it went black. no buttons would get the screen back on. Holding the power button did nothing so I had to pull out the old BB tricks and yank the battery. No problems since.

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My husband was able to squeeze in a factory reset between reboots and got it back running for a bit. I'm still trading it in for a new one once they are back in stock.