Video Playback

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've tried several times since I got my X to play videos and I have yet to get a video to play, save for a quick 10 second one I recorded to test out the video recording quality.

Every youtube video(from the app and also the website) I try to play doesn't work, every video file I try to play doesn't work. I also have the Movies app, and when I try to watch the trailers for any movie, that also won't play. Every time it says "Cannot play video" then underneath that "Sorry, this video cannot be played".

Any ideas what's up with my phone? Am I doing something wrong or is this a legit problem? I'm starting to get very frustrated with this problem, among a few others I have.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Are the files youre trying to play mp4's if not convert them to that format. Make sure you have the screen size correct I think its like 980x480 if Im not mistaken.

Westifire

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Are the files youre trying to play mp4's if not convert them to that format. Make sure you have the screen size correct I think its like 980x480 if Im not mistaken.

Even so, he's having problems playing YouTube videos off the app/website. Really can't think of anything as to why none of your videos won't work. Might wanna just exchange it for another.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Even so, he's having problems playing YouTube videos off the app/website. Really can't think of anything as to why none of your videos won't work. Might wanna just exchange it for another.

Oppps misread that thanks (too early in the AM to troubleshoot lol) bring it into your local VZW store, or do a factory reset.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
How are you connected to the network? Wifi or 3G? With either one, try the other. Some wifi access points apparently don't like the X (see the stickied troubleshooting thread) or you may not be in a good reception area if you're using 3G. Spot checking videos all of mine play fine, except for the DLNA client which seems a bit borked at this stage.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was on 3G when I posted originally. After reading I switched to WiFi and tried all the same videos, with no luck.

I'm just gonna go into Verizon and see what they can tell me.

Thanks for all the replies though.

Fabian43

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'vAnother issue with video playback

ive recorded several videos on my X but when I try to play them back thevideo is in slow motion and the audio in played in real time. I don't mean to hijack the thread but can anyone explain why this is happening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo