Contact photos

g0ri11a

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to stop the phone from automatically using facebook photos for all of the contacts? I would rather use photos from my Google contacts or other photos stored on my phone. It seems that even when I go into the contact and change the photo manually, it just goes right back to the facebook photo.

Thanks.

g0ri11a

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, so far that's the only thing I've found that works. I was hoping that someone out there might have a different solution.

Maybe this is something that will be addressed in a software update.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Should be able to go to contact settings, and replace the facebook picture with your own

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
We'll see. I was able to choose a different picture the Incredible. The only way I've been able to use a different picture is to unlink the phone or Google contact from the Facebook contact, which is annoying because it adds duplicates.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Should be able to go to contact settings, and replace the facebook picture with your own

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

This feature was availble with HTC Sense, but doesn't seem to be available on Droid X. I've repeatedly attempted to change contact pictures but it seems to default to the Facebook pictures.

Edited to add: I just went into the menu for accounts and if press menu, you'll see a "picture source" option - Facebook or Twitter. Seems a little odd not to give you Google or phone as an option.

Last edited: