Webkit Issue

ehtoanokuso

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I haven't seen anyone else report this here but no matter what browser i use (skyfire, dolphin HD, stock browser) on my DroidX, sometimes i get a message saying "web page not avaialible. The web page at file:///android_asset/webkit/ could not be loaded as: The requested file was not found. Webkit/" and a popup that says "problem with file. The requested file was not found. webkit/"

It mostly happens when i'm looking at mobile versions of sites. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ehtoanokuso

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
it happens when i go to certain pages especially. i don't think it's a loss of connection because it's fine when i press the back button and the page pops up but it's really annoying to have to do that every once in a while.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
it happens when i go to certain pages especially. i don't think it's a loss of connection because it's fine when i press the back button and the page pops up but it's really annoying to have to do that every once in a while.

when you press back, it's probably not reloading the page, it's probably showing you a cached version.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

For me its while using dolphin hd and the error comes up on the stock web browser so the back button won't help.

I close that browser and switch back to dolphin

Tuftslax

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Same problem with dolphin HD, I've noticed it always happens on one specific website that has embedded videos. Perhaps it is associated with that?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
For me its while using dolphin hd and the error comes up on the stock web browser so the back button won't help.

I close that browser and switch back to dolphin

This is what happens to me but using Skyfire. It'll open (only has happened a few times) the stock browser which will then give me that Webkit error. I hit the back button and it goes back to Skyfire which has loaded the page. Weird.

Tuftslax

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what happens to me but using Skyfire. It'll open (only has happened a few times) the stock browser which will then give me that Webkit error. I hit the back button and it goes back to Skyfire which has loaded the page. Weird.

This is why I think its a droid X problem, or at least not a problem relating to dolphin specifically, but it is a strange one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12