Camera Won't Open

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Everything was working great up until today when I tried to open the camera app.

Here is the message I get:

"Oops. Can't open camera. Please try again later."

FYI, I do have ATK installed and the Camera app does not show as running...

I'm new to Android, the X is my first, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me alot with my BlackBerry's. Make sure you don't have too many applications open at once. Go through them and close some down if you do then try it again.

Rxracer

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ATK can cause alot of problems if you dont know how to use them properly.
i have had best luck so far by not using one at all.
you may try uninstalling it and seeing if that helps.
there is a sticky at the top of the page that provides a lot of information on this.
Rob

mlitty

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
App Conflict

I was having the Oops lock and crash as well. I thorough bing search turned up several potential app conflicts. For me it was Anti Droid Theft (Anti DT). It has a remote camera feature that was locking up the camera, just having it installed. Once removed, all was well with the camera.

Look for any app that might possibly have camera access. Uninstall them one at a time, trying the camera after each uninstall. When you hit the culprit, re-install the rest.

Good luck.

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, and it was rather annoying. However, I read somewhere that this problem could be associated with geo-tagging. I disabled this feature and haven't had any problems since. Open the camera app > menu key > tags > uncheck the auto location tag.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Although I don't *think* it caused the problem...uninstall ATK. It isn't needed anymore. It was only necessary on low powered phones before the newer versions of Android came out. It will only cause more problems than it could ever solve. Just let the OS do what it does. Android isn't Blackberry, it does a great job regulating itself.

What probably happened is the system just needed a reboot. I reboot my phone about once a week. Maybe that is unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt anything & I don't have any issues like that, so why not, you know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781