Hi everyone I came from blackberry and even though I didn't have corporate email pushed to my BB device I was able to set it up under my email accounts to have the web access. Is that possible on the Droid X? I tried to add it under corporate accounts and I assume that is just for the business users. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-19-2010 09:31 AM
    it does not use OWA (web access) it has a direct link to the exchange server you may need to get with your IT guy to see about getting set up.

DROID X - Email Set-up
    07-19-2010 09:47 AM
    So all I would need is that address? I don't have corporate access at the moment. I assume that would entail some licensing.
    07-19-2010 10:08 AM
    So all I would need is that address? I don't have corporate access at the moment. I assume that would entail some licensing.
    You can use the OWA web address as the server address when you setup your Exchange synch on your phone. If your OWA address is something like this: https://owa.yourdomain.com/exchange then you would enter owa.yourdomain.com into the server address in the exchange synch setup on your phone, leave the HTTP(S):// and anything after the / (like the word Exchange) off.

The OWA address is usually the default address for all remote access to the Exchange server.

If your IT department set everythign up properly, your phone will connect with no issues. You'll then have the choice of synching up your Contacts, Calendar and Mail. Uncheck the ones you do not want to synch with your companies exchange server.
    07-19-2010 11:36 AM
    Hi I got your post thank you for that. I tried it though and it said error adding account and asked if I should disable the verification even if I hit that it said login to the account failed even when I put in my normal web access login and pw. Any ideas? I work in the IT dept here.
    07-22-2010 01:31 PM
    It seems like I should be able to do it I think I just need to get over the final hurdle.
    07-22-2010 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD