Facebook contacts & status update issues

ridindrity

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
#1. I set up my facebook account on my droid x but there are several contacts missing from it that I know I am friends with and have even confirmed by signing in on my PC. Is there anyway to refresh or resync my fb contacts on my phone so they show up?

#2. Also, the statuses of my my fb contacts don't update. Some of them will update but it is very infrequent and it always seems to happen way later. And some of them don't update at all.

Is anyone else seeing the same issue? And does anyone have solutions to either of them?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing. I sometimes get the Facebook updates on the Social Networking Widget around 3 hours after it was posted. There really should be an option to refresh anytime you want to look.

ridindrity

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldnt have this option. Also, still cannon figure out why all of my fb friends arent showing up under fb contacts....

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the Market FB app, open the app -> menu -> settings -> "Refresh Interval" is at the top. And 30 min is the shortest unfortunately.

That i knew so there must have been some confusion between us. I meant Motorolas Social Networking widget. There seems to be no refresh interval for that. I regularly get updates on there up to 6 hours after they were posted. It gets very annoying sometimes. I wish i could set it for every 30 minutes

anon(41665)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ah. My mistake. Apologies. I should have realized as I also initially used the included app and had the issues you indicated. That, along with not wanting all my FB contacts imported (despite being able to change the display group) is what prompted me to go with the market app.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ah. My mistake. Apologies. I should have realized as I also initially used the included app and had the issues you indicated. That, along with not wanting all my FB contacts imported (despite being able to change the display group) is what prompted me to go with the market app.

I dont know if u have noticed this as well while using the widget but if u want to select specific contacts, sometimes it will let you choose 30. other times maybe only 17. the last time i tried it it would let me choose 21 and sometimes it wont even update for those selected contacts. But if i choose all contacts i get about 130 updates all at once.There is def a problem with this widget and i hope moto fixes it in the Froyo update along with being able to set an update interval.

Is there a widget on the market that works like the moto widget? i already have the facebook app but i like being able to just glance at a widget from time to time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze