Ok, got my X on launch day and bought the Verizon screen protectors just to.. you know.. protect the screen until I could get something better.

First, taking them out they don't cover the entire screen, just the interactive part of the screen.
    But OK, I put it on and thought 'that doesn't look too bad' and I left it on.

I just stopped by Best Buy earlier today and picked up some Invisibleshields for the X, put them on and WOW, I didn't realize how awesome this screen really was.

I always thought everything looked washed out and dull, but it was just those damn screen protectors that did that.
    With the Invisibleshield the screen is displaying colors in all its glory.. truely awesome.

Lesson for today, if you're going to protect your screen, don't even bother with the Verizon branded protectors.
    07-19-2010 10:35 PM
    I got an Invisishield for my X on launch. At first I was concerned about the drag it caused, but that's gone note and I couldn't be happier with the screen protector.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-19-2010 10:38 PM
    Add me to the list of very happy Zagg InvisiShield users.
    07-19-2010 10:41 PM
    I did the same thing. How stupid that they don't cover entire screen! I had pre-ordered a Zagg and it will be arriving in the mail tomorrow so I am VERY happy to hear that the screen won't look all crappy anymore!
    07-19-2010 10:51 PM
    The ones at Verizon are horrible, not only do they dull the screen they scratch super easy. No bueno there.
    07-19-2010 10:59 PM
    The ones at Verizon are horrible, not only do they dull the screen they scratch super easy. No bueno there.
    I could have sworn that I heard a bunch of people around here buying them at launch and saying how much they liked them but the way they've been described here make me think otherwise.
    07-19-2010 11:09 PM
    for those of you that have used the Invisible Shield full body version, I am getting a skin for my phone. Shield over the skin or under?
    07-19-2010 11:23 PM
    I have a VERIZON screen protector on all 3 of my X's, and I can confirm a few things:

1: They definitely reduce screen quality and clarity by adding a "dirty" look to them.
    2: They are very smooth. It feels like you're sliding your finger across paper, not glass.

Now its a given that #1 is a serious downside to these VZW screen protectors, but I must admit having used these thick glass touch screens before without a screen protector like these, after awhile of use something builds up either on your fingers or the screen (or worse, a combination of the two) and causes your finger slides to become tacky and jerky. With these VZW screen protectors, and the smooth as paper like glide, I have yet to experience this. Its always smooth and dry, which to me outweighs the diminished screen quality. I'd rather have a screen I know is kept safe and is more usable on a daily basis than have a better looking screen that is a nuisance to touch...

That being said, yeah its a shame I can't see the true potential gorgeousness of this screen as I refuse to go naked lmao too bad you can't get the best of both worlds eh

Edit: I forgot to throw in specifically that I am using the VERIZON screen protectors, and that I am 50/50 on them (see above 2 statements), I hate the way it affects the screen quality but LOVE the way my finger feels sliding on them as opposed to other protectors/the naked glass. Sorry for any misinterpretations.
    07-20-2010 12:28 AM
    picking up my X tmrw i'll make sure to skip big red's covers
    07-20-2010 12:34 AM
    How do these install are they the ones with water?
    07-20-2010 12:59 AM
    something builds up either on your fingers or the screen (or worse, a combination of the two) and causes your finger slides to become tacky and jerky.
    I've personally had the invisiblesheild (not necessarily that brand) type of screen protectors on all my devices since the original iPhone and don't really know what you mean about a build up, although I do wipe my screen a couple of times through the day on my shirt..
    I'll agree it's not as smooth as a naked screen, nothing will be, but it's neither tacky nor jerky in my experience.

I'd rather have a screen I know is kept safe and is more usable on a daily basis...
    I agree with this.
    Because the Verizon screen protectors don't protect the entire screen, I wasn't happy with how much of the glass it actually left exposed and wanted something that offered better protection. This, in combination with how bad it made the screen look (as compared to a more translucent screen protector) caused me to pull them off when I got another type of protection for the screen.

On the flip side, after using the Verizon partial screen protectors long enough you do get used to the diminished screen and it won't be noticeable unless you see one without it for comparison.
    Plus you get three in the box, so that's a bonus.

I guess it's all a matter of preference and comes down to this:
    If you're fine with a slightly smoother feel at the expense of partial protection and dimished visuals get the Verizon ones.

If you're fine with better protection and crystal clear screen at the expense of a slightly less smooth feel then get one of the other screen protectors.
    07-20-2010 01:12 AM
    I was surprised vz's protector only covered the touch part too. It does make the screen look a lil darker but I really like the feel of it. no scratches on it so far. i give it a 3 out of 5 due to it not being big enough, otherwise i'd give it a 5 of 5
    07-20-2010 01:49 AM
    Personally I have no problems with the VZW screen protectors.
    07-20-2010 05:37 AM
    Personally I have no problems with the VZW screen protectors.
    Likewise. I actually like the feel of the VZW screen protector. I may need to take it off to see the difference in screen clarity and brightness.
    07-20-2010 06:09 AM
    i like the vzw ones also,the texture,no glare,no scratches,and if you put it on right you cant even tell its on there thunbs up for me1
    07-20-2010 07:37 AM
    I'm waiting for the ghost armor kiosk in my local mall to get the DX screen protector. One concern I have about the screen protector, is about limiting my case choices. I don't want a case that will cause the protector edge to peel off.
    07-20-2010 07:50 AM
    Likewise. I actually like the feel of the VZW screen protector. I may need to take it off to see the difference in screen clarity and brightness.
    Just look at the same page or picture on an uncovered X. Head to your VZW store, their demo model should be naked. Load the same picture or web page. You'll see the difference.
    07-20-2010 07:52 AM
    I had installed the VZW anti glare screen protectors and they really take away the quality of the most important aspect of the X the beautiful screen!!! I put a Invisishield on mine and wow what a huuuuuge difference!!! night and day!!! so much clearer and it its guaranteed against damage for the life of the phone...best 20 bucks to spend to protect this investment.
    07-20-2010 08:30 AM
    for those of you that have used the Invisible Shield full body version, I am getting a skin for my phone. Shield over the skin or under?
    I would say shield on the phone, skin on the shield. That way if you decide you don't like your skin, you can replace it without changing the whole shield.

Note: upon reading carefully, I should point out that I haven't used the full body IS, but i ordered it last night for my DX and iPod. If you sign up for the iPad contest on zagg.com, they send you a coupon code worth up to 50%. I got 40% on mine.
    07-20-2010 08:37 AM
    11-06-2011 02:58 PM
    Now that this post is back from the dead, I'll throw in my two cents.

I used the VZW screen protector for about 6 months. I had no complaints. I've now been naked for about 9 months. The screen is way brighter and more vibrant without the VZW protectors. The glass is smooth and scratch-free, thanks to it being Gorilla glass. I don't carry anything else in my phone pocket except for the occasional Kleenex packet.

TLDR: Go naked!
    11-08-2011 10:58 AM
    I absolutely LOVE my Zagg InvisiShield. I love the texture of the protector and most of all I love the lifetime replacement warranty. If my protector ever gets damaged, starts to peel or if I get a warranty replacement device, I request a replacement InvisiShield and pay for shipping and I get free replacement. I just have to send the old one back when I get the replacement.
    11-20-2011 02:27 PM
    Ghost Armor is now kiosk'd in my mall. I couldnt resist. The rep was adamant about being a droid pro. I told him my Gorilla Glass has been perfect since purchase and I dont build up enough oils or distractions on the screen to need a protector. After using my X to Google, then my key to show him it DOES have Gorilla Glass he said its not as good as we think. I said that is an opinion that can only be drawn up by a user, not a retailer trying to sell ice to an eskimo since ur sales drive is "prevent scratches".

Sent from the ICS'd X of B
    11-20-2011 05:19 PM
    seidioonline.com best accessories for any phone.
    12-18-2011 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD