gmail problems

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I received my update this morning, but I haven't experienced any problems with Gmail, nor the Motorola email client. Perhaps try removing the account and adding it back.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
updated last night, havn't received **** since yesterday even before i updated. yahoo or gmail. actually some yahoo, but absolutely no gmail

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I updated and haven't noticed an issue. However, i did have an issue with it not syncing emails before the update. Somehow it had deselected auto sync. So def check that for the sync issues.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
also check your battery saver as well. if you have a data timeout set, you wont get emails pushed to you when the network shuts off

lastory

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
also check your battery saver as well. if you have a data timeout set, you wont get emails pushed to you when the network shuts off

hmm - I was under the impression that even during a data timeout, push gmail would automatically rewaken the data connection? is that wrong?

Also just to clarify: Smart Mode gives you the option to set data timeouts for peak and non-peak hrs, does Battery Saver mode automatically put the phone in data timeout if there's no activity for 15 mins?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
hmm - I was under the impression that even during a data timeout, push gmail would automatically rewaken the data connection? is that wrong?

Also just to clarify: Smart Mode gives you the option to set data timeouts for peak and non-peak hrs, does Battery Saver mode automatically put the phone in data timeout if there's no activity for 15 mins?

i was under that impression as well, but i can tell you through my experience the past couple of days that a gmail push does not "wake up" the phone.

and i meant battery manager, not battery saver. but for the record, battery saver puts it to sleep after 30 mins, no peak hour setting. it also lowers your brightness, whereas smart mode uses auto brightness, which i love

ehtoanokuso

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so i made sure my battery manager didn't specify the peak hours and I turned on push (it was unchecked after i did the update) but it still doesn't push my gmail. I have to manually go in and refresh it.
I've cleared the data and cache of both the gmail applications and i've removed one of my two gmail accounts, put it back on, and it still hasn't been pushing. :/

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Im having Gmail issues too...Universal Inbox and push notifications not working. However when I go into the gmail app and manually refresh, then all of a sudden I receive all my new emails at once. The fact that others are reporting same leads me to believe this may be a Gmail issue and not a phone issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21