Thinking about moving over to DroidX

Dee710

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm deciding whether to drop my BB Bold and move over to DroidX. I have been on BB for 5yrs and would like to have pros & cons from user who have currently moved from BB to DroidX.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was a long time BB user, curve>storm>tour>bold. The droid X is my first android phone and I love it, will never use the BB again. For me the X can do anything the BB does and better at doing it, then there is all the stuff the X does that the BB can't.

My cell phone is total consumer I don't need a phone for working, so the stuff that I use it for watching movies, surfing the net, texting (love swype), gmail, maps and driving around navigation totally owns the BB system.

I don't many games but they do blow away any game on the BB system.

A ton of great free apps too.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I pretty much agree with everything Saiyaman mentioned there, as a former BB Tour (9630) owner myself. BerryBuzz and BBM are the top things I miss as well, especially BBM Groups (we actually had a group called "Blackberry Club;" I guess we'll have to make "Android Club" next, hehe). I'm slowly migrating some of my friends to GTalk.

I love Android for its customization. What I don't like is mainly Motorola's twist on things: Motorola's way of handling contacts (connecting your Facebook account with your original Gmail, though this is optional), Motorola's social networking widgets, and that I can't delete the bloatware apps (e.g. Blockbuster, City ID, etc).

Of course, I got rid of all those (except the bloatware apps since you can't delete those...yet, hopefully) and use LauncherPro now instead. Sleek, smooth, and clutter free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol