Going back to Incredible

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Can you define laggy?

Sure, the wikipedia definition is:
Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind.[1] In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.[

In applications, or interface, terms it means something seems sluggish or there is a preceived delay in response.

HTH

arahouston

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Weird, I am coming from Incredible to X. To me, the X wins because of the bigger screen and swype (I guess its the bigger screen too). BUT... I do prefer the Inc's dialer and snappy performance. When I press the app screen button or scroll within it, the X stutters while the Inc is smoother and faster.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's going to feel like picking up an HTC Aria when you get the Incredible. You just can't compete with the big screen....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember where I heard this but, the wifi problems seem to be mostly affecting a 802.11n connection. I have had no problems with 802.11g.

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: after reading the ANANDTECH review, and also noting his WiFi problems with the 802.11n protocol (he suspects a bad wireless stack), I reconfigured the X to only log on to the office 802.11g router. So far, i've had ZERO dropouts and hangups since doing so.

After playing with the X some more, I've since decided that I will be returning the INC and staying with the X for the time being. The fact that my first Android experience was with the INC and Sense interface, my expectations may have been swayed. After all, i also thought the Android interface wasn't as clean as BlackBerry when i jumped ship.

Will be keeping an eye on the Motorola support page and other X forums to keep up on this Wifi issue. However for the time being, everything seems to be working....

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Droid X too big for me....
Inc is great....
If the OP prefers the Inc than great.
I just love that we are nitpicking with each other.
I think Sense is fast as hell and love it, while others might prefer blur.

Bottom line is this platform is excellent and that we all have choices.

Not one device on the apple os.

Not 6 devices on BB which are just slight variations of each other.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't the terrible battery life, I probably would still have the DI. But the difference between the two in battery life is night and day. Even with the 2150 battery in the DI, the X does better with its 1750 stock.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Droid X too big for me....
Inc is great....
If the OP prefers the Inc than great.
I just love that we are nitpicking with each other.
I think Sense is fast as hell and love it, while others might prefer blur.

Bottom line is this platform is excellent and that we all have choices.

Not one device on the apple os.

Not 6 devices on BB which are just slight variations of each other.

So basically you're saying to each their own.

That was my complaint as well on the Blackberry platform: it was all the same, the same way it's been for 5 or 6 years.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both great options!!!

bingo%20hall.jpg

Bingo!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would prefer the Incredible just because of the Sense UI. I love Sense, it really makes the overall experience better. But the Droid X seems too be good too. The bigger screen if the X will be hard to give up though.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So basically you're saying to each their own.

That was my complaint as well on the Blackberry platform: it was all the same, the same way it's been for 5 or 6 years.

EXACTLY!!!!!
In two years droid has made leaps and bounds.

BB has gone from a trackball to a trackpad.