Going back to Incredible

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
OK, I've had the X since launch and although the screen/hardware quality is heads and shoulders above the Incredible, I just cannot get past the lackluster software for this phone!

Issues so far:

1. WiFi dropping out and unable to maintain connection for extended periods of time; NEVER a problem with Inc.
2. Sense UI was more intuitive and streamlined
3. Exchange sync was MUCH better; was able to get pics from contact list to sync over to phone
4. I sometimes do not get email notifications on the status bar; very inconsistent
5. Overall; Motorola's hardware is definitely top notch, but the user experience is EXTREMELY lacking (software quality does not match hardware)
6. I know the Quandrant score for the X is much higher than Inc, but I've yet to see any real world differences between the 2 phones

The Inc with it's faults (random rebooting, screen in daylight, sound quality) is preferable because the performance and interface is much more intuitive.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Good luck, personally, I don't like the SenseUI that the incredible runs and found it quite laggy.

As for the inconsistent issues, I've not noticed that. I'm using touchdown for my corporate emails and I get notified as they arrive as does my personal emails.

Good luck
Mike

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I had the Incredible prior to the X and played with a friend's Incredible a couple of days after I got my X. Personally, I would have a hard time going back to the smaller Incredible.

I haven't had the issues you have with #1,4 (don't use exchange) and Sense UI is simply a matter of personal preference. I loved it at first like most because it is visually appealing. Once that wore off I found it to be more obtrusive than cool.

I wouldn't trade my X back for an Incredible...but if something happened and I had to use it I certainly wouldn't feel bad. Both are great phones.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, people like/expect different things from their phones, so definitely go with whichever suits you. I haven't had much of a problem with wifi, but I agree that Sense is more intuitive.

I knew from the reviews that I was going to ignore most of the moto stuff. I've already made a Sense-like ui and otherwise made the phone the way I want it.

But not everyone wants to bother, so just use whichever one works best for you!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
To be honest; I could live with most of the faults, but the issues with WiFi dropping out is too big a gorilla to ignore. This seems to be a prevalent problem with both the original Droid and X judging from the amount of threads on the Motorola support forums.

I have my Wifi settings to NEVER SLEEP without any success. I just switched over to NEVER UNTIL PLUGGED IN and will see how that goes

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible was my first Android device, and I admit that I like Sense and miss some of the elements--such as better widgets, broader sharing options, and to my surprise...the optical trackpad. My son (15) has the Incredible now, and he's too happy that I picked up the X.

However, as nursescott said, the larger screen on the X has won me over. I also like the hard buttons. I found that I would frequently glance my finger over one of the buttons when I was in landscape orientation and either go back one step, go home, or enter search. That was frustrating.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. It is all personal preference for sure.

Personally ... I can't stand Sense. I think it is absolutely horrible. I had the Evo for about 35 days.

I also had lots of Wi-fi issues on the X and yes it was annoying. I updated settings and no longer have issues at home ... but I worry about trying to connect in other places.

I had a lot of problems with Exchange support on my Evo. In fact it just didn't work most of the time and I had to use Touchdown. I have no issues on the X.

I have not seen the issue with notifications not showing up.

Also... I don't know about the Inc ... but on my Evo call quality was terrible. I find it to be excellent on the X.

note: I am posting this to offer different views for others and not to discredit/argue your post. I find it interesting how the same phone provides such different experiences in the hands of people.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Call quality on my Inc is absolutely horrific compared to my X. That alone is making me keep the X over the Inc(I think). However, the WiFi issue is still plaguing my phone and may be a deal breaker for me unfortunately. Seing as how most people are having this WiFi issue, motorola has not yet come out and admitted to it. Companies are becoming less and less adament about fixing issues with the devices quickly, especially after all the hype that goes into them.

Right now, Im on a teeter totter about returning it today and either exchanging it or returning it for my money back until I hear about updates actually FIXING these damn issues that keep plagueing these devices at launch.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I think your crazy, X makes the Inc look like/feel a toy.

But hey differences make the world go round, as long as your happy go for it!

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Call quality on my Inc is absolutely horrific compared to my X. That alone is making me keep the X over the Inc(I think). However, the WiFi issue is still plaguing my phone and may be a deal breaker for me unfortunately. Seing as how most people are having this WiFi issue, motorola has not yet come out and admitted to it. Companies are becoming less and less adament about fixing issues with the devices quickly, especially after all the hype that goes into them.

Right now, Im on a teeter totter about returning it today and either exchanging it or returning it for my money back until I hear about updates actually FIXING these damn issues that keep plagueing these devices at launch.

Well they did just push an update out to fix a bunch of bugs not a week out of the gate, so I do see that they are trying to fix bugs on devices quickly. And in that case it hasn't been a week since the phone launch so people leaving something because the phone wasn't perfect off the bat I believe is kind of unfair/ not the smartest thing.

Rxracer

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha

I 100% agree with you. After using the X, the Inc definately feels bleh. But, the Inc didnt have nearly as many problems :(

except the rattle in the top of the phone that drove me nuts, and the speaker on the back wtih its issues of blowing out...
BTW i had 3 Dinc in about 45 days and they all had issues from rattles to speakers....

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
To be honest; I could live with most of the faults, but the issues with WiFi dropping out is too big a gorilla to ignore. This seems to be a prevalent problem with both the original Droid and X judging from the amount of threads on the Motorola support forums.

I have my Wifi settings to NEVER SLEEP without any success. I just switched over to NEVER UNTIL PLUGGED IN and will see how that goes
With two phones giving you the same problem I would say the problem is your router. I have rock solid connection with my Droid. I've had four routers in my system the past year and they can be notorius for not playing nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
WiFi on the INC was flawless and connections were very quick.

The X on the other hand is very problematic; i'm able to locate and connect to wireless, but it would not maintain the connection for any period of time

I just updated with the new firmware this morning and the problem has been worse. Prior to the update, teh dropouts were far and few in between, however post update; i've had no luck with maintaining the connection

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought a netgear simultaneous dual band router a few months ago and my ipad lost its connection all the time. Prior to that I had an older belkin and my droid would drop occasionally. Switched to a Cisco e3000 and everything works well. Blame the phones if you want. I doubt its the issue considering all the droids in use today without wifi issues.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Android doesn't seem to have the ret@rded Fanboys like Apple that has a obvious hardware flaw and they just don't care and will put stickers on their phone so it works correctly.

I'm new to Android and I love the X never had dropped Wifi, I don't use exchange so never had to deal with it.. I like the homescreens not a fan of the Moto Widgets so I just don't use them I use Android Widgets.. Only think I've seen about Sense is the clock and weather widget I like but I can get that with Beautiful Widgets apparently so I'm completely happy with my DroidX

Last edited:

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. :)
I personally don't like Sense, but I do like some of the Sense widgets so I can understand why people like it so much.

For me it's too bloated and laggy and the Droid X is SUPER fast.

That's why it's great that Android comes on so many different devices with so many different variations.. something for everyone. :)

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
WiFi on the INC was flawless and connections were very quick.

The X on the other hand is very problematic; i'm able to locate and connect to wireless, but it would not maintain the connection for any period of time

FWIW, I haven't had any problems with WiFi on the X, so it's possible it may be your network setup or a defective phone..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad