Stock Moto UI for X

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually sort of like the UI for the X that Moto has designed. Coming from Sense UI on the Eris, it may not have the overall "beauty", but it does provide me with plenty of space/screens for organizing pages into categories, etc. I never used the "scenes" with Sense, anyway.
I've tried Launcher Pro....but still seem to prefer the stock UI.

Just a hunch, but maybe, just maybe, some of the issues people are having with their X's might be due to some glitch between the home screen apps they download and use??? Don't throw stuff at me for saying that? OK??? lol:)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
third party launchers, like any apps, may need to tweak their code a bit to work perfectly with the philblur UI. i too actually kinda like the philblur UI and have had no issues with it so far

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people who like the stock ui

I really don't understand what some people don't like about it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
If the transitions were smooth swiping from screen to screen and the app drawer was smooth I'd use it but when swiping to different screens I get little hiccups and bouts a being sluggish and slow.

Launcher Pro has perfected "smooth" swiping and a smooth app drawer

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I never have any complaints with mine not being smooth from screen to screen or in the app drawer.

Download Launcher Pro and run both, look at the differences and youll see what Im talking about smooth. Theres absolutely no lag or sluggishness(if thats even a word, haha) on LauncherPro but on Stock, theres definately some slower swiping and scrolling through the app drawer.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Download Launcher Pro and run both, look at the differences and youll see what Im talking about smooth. Theres absolutely no lag or sluggishness(if thats even a word, haha) on LauncherPro but on Stock, theres definately some slower swiping and scrolling through the app drawer.

I have used both, and hated them, I'm loving me some Moto UI.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any lag or slowness on this X stock UI at all. Transitions are smooth throughout. I've used Launcher Pro. It was all right. Just too limiting in some ways. I got rid of it and went back to Sense UI.
Now with this X, I find I'm not tempted to go back to any other UI. Now, if one of the devs comes up with something that I like better, than by all means, I'd use it.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock launcher, and it's ok but there is sometimes a bit of lag between screens, or when I jump out of an app sometimes there is what appears to be an older nav bar that appears on the top of the screen in addition to what is on the bottom.

At the end of the day my biggest complaints is the social networking widgets. They draw down too much data for my tastes, and they insist on crapping everything into my contacts list. If they would just let me uninstall some of the widgets or services I don't like I wouldn't have any real complaint about the launcher.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
My bigger complaints are:

Battery life; This things like a woman pms'ing. Up an down up an down like a roller coaster. Sometimes its good, other times its terrible, not sure what thells with this thing.

WiFi: What a pain in the ***. This thing works 50/50 and always looses connection even when it connects. This is a huge issue for me.

Screen: This things a little wacky. Sometimes it goes blank when unlocking the screen for a few minutes. Sometimes itll do random things.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My bigger complains are:

Battery life; This things like a woman pms'ing. Up an down up an down like a roller coaster. Sometimes its good, other times its terrible, not sure what thells with this thing.

WiFi: What a pain in the ***. This thing works 50/50 and always looses connection even when it connects. This is a huge issue for me.

Screen: This things a little wacky. Sometimes it goes blank when unlocking the screen for a few minutes. Sometimes itll do random things.

Maybe you should return it? It doesn't sound like it's functioning properly. I would hope that your experience isn't the norm, or else I will have to think about canceling my order.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you should return it? It doesn't sound like it's functioning properly. I would hope that your experience isn't the norm, or else I will have to think about canceling my order.

Well, for a lot of ppl that I know and have read about on these forums seems like their having the WiFi issue as well. The screen issue seems like a lot of ppl are having problems with also. The battery issue is 50/50. Some dont, some do. My first day using the phone got me a day and a half, today, got me a half a day. So like I said, the things unpredictable.

Regardless of the problems, after using this thing, I cant go back to my Inc. Using the Inc is like how someone said it in another thread - A toy compared to the X. The X just feels great in your hand. The Inc is so cheap feeling that its terrible.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the Droid Incredible comments, it does feel like a toy. I've only played with both of these devices in the store, the Incredible I played with first. I have been a BlackBerry user for two years now, so that's the only smartphone OS I know. I liked what I saw on the HTC device but the build quality seemed just mediocre. When I finally got a chance to play with the Droid X, there was no going back. It does feel really solid and I actually like the more simplified widgets. Squares and rectangles sit better with my organizational mind.

With the short time I've had with the phone I do believe I'm going to enjoy the stock UI once I actually get it. That is, if it ever ships.

Now if we can only get a way to uninstall that bloatware...

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 x's and have no lag when switching screens. it's smooth.
opening the app drawer is the same, very smooth. no issue with lag.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have no lag from screen to screen at all. I also tried the other launcher pro but kinda didn't mind the stock at all.i didn't think this phone would be better then my incredible but so far its been great.the phone has a great feel to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc