Jsst got my X...a few ?'s

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
Hey Android Central world! First post here. I was a Storm 2 user, and used to hang out on crackberry.com, and just got sick of the lag from that phone. Been on my X since about 6pm last night. WOW! This Android OS is amazingly fast compared to the BB OS. OK, enough bashing because BB has some great features, and I need to start figuring out this OS. So I NEED your help!

Dislikes (or maybe I just dont understand the OS):
  • Had to enter all my Outlook appointments in manually last night. No sync feature. Was there an easier way?
  • POP3 vs IMAP e-mail settings? I am trying to set-up an e-mail address from my website @ register.com. Its not working.
  • How come when I hit the App killer my memory space continues to go down?
  • Can the calendar widget show more than just today's events?
  • Should I be using the yahoo e-mail app on the phone or use a third part App? Any Apps pushing rather than pulling for yahoo?

• Absolutely no lag!
  • Screen size is amazing, however the phone is big, but with me being on the boat every weekend and in hunting camp when its that time of year this will act as my little computer.
  • Widgets! Never had them, so I am beginning to get used to them.

I'm sure I will have more questions and I hope you guys are as helpful as the crackberry nation.

LT1Droid

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem setting up my work e-mail address. The only problem I see, is there is no place for "domain" to go. Unless I'm totally missing it, but I've literally tried everything, and it never connects.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Check out the app called touchdown from nitrodesk. They offer superior exchange integration that what android 2.1 offers. It syncs my calendars and contacts, and emails.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Motorola's support site has a downloadable program that allows you to sync Outlook and GMail calendars. It works one way or two ways and you set the interval.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Crazy Yankee.

Crazy Yankee said:
* Had to enter all my Outlook appointments in manually last night. No sync feature. Was there an easier way?

You could have exported you appointments from Outlook and imported them into your Gmail or Yahoo calendar. The calendar would sync once you signed in with the account on your X.

Crazy Yankee said:
* Can the calendar widget show more than just today's events?

If you expand the widget (vertically), it will show events for the next few days.

Crazy Yankee said:
* Should I be using the yahoo e-mail app on the phone or use a third part App? Any Apps pushing rather than pulling for yahoo?

I haven't tried the Yahoo app, primarily because I only keep a Yahoo account for Flickr. I'd say give the app a try. The worst that can happen is you spent a few minutes setting it up. I would try the POP feature in the Motorola email client. I set up my Google Apps email to run through the client and it works just fine.

Please share more questions as they come to you. This is a helpful bunch. Be sure to do a quick forum search before posting, because a lot of questions have been asked and answered.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze