X keeps rebooting over and over!

Fabian43

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning to find that my X was froze, did a battery pull and for last few hours and a few battery pulls later my X keeps rebooting itself. It will barely get to the homescreen and then immediately reboot itself back to the red Droid eye and then it stops there. Damn red eye keeps staring at me! Help!

Verizon wants me to take it into a store but since they are on backorder looks like I'm gonna go without a phone for a few days. I thought about a hard reset but what if problem comes back?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do a factory reset, call your store and make sure they have a replacement in for you. If the problem keeps on, then trade it in :) Just sounds like your phone was possessed.

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
This is bizarre. Mine started acting up yesterday too. Yesterday afternoon it locked up on me for the first time ever and ever since I've had to restart it with a battery pull about 6 times. It was locked up this morning when I went to use it and I had to do a battery pull. When it started back up, it said "no servce" and was in airplane mode. When I went to take it out of airplane mode, it locked up again. I am currently restarting again. If it ever lets me get to the point where I can do a hard reset, I will do that and see what happens.

It seems weird to me that a bunch of us just starting having issues yesterday. All at the same time.....

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It certainly could be defective phones, but this sure does sound like it's related to an app or widget. It would interesting to see if any of you could get to the point of doing a factory reset, then use the phone for a couple of days without installing any new stuff to see if it runs normal.

Fabian43

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I took my phone to retail store and they did a factory reset. CS ordered me a new phone but since they were back ordered (this happened last week) I had to use my X for a few days. After the reset it worked perfectly. Never had a problem again. The last program I installed right before it started acting up was ' quick profiles'. I assumed that was the culprit so I've never installed it again for fear it would jack up my new X

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same issue. I was finally able to squeeze in a factory reset between reboots but it took a few tries to get the timing correct. That solved the issue but I still had it replaced just to be on the safe side. My husband feels some app must have set it in a loop but I had very few loaded so we are not sure. Now I'm loading them back very slowly. 24hrs between apps to see if one causes an issue again.

P.S. I had also loaded Quick Profiles and have not put it back as it was the most likely suspect.

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been having automatic rebooting and frozen screen issues since Friday the 30th. I deleted all the apps I had DL since Thursday...not that I had many, to see if that was the issue. I guess I will be calling Verizon for a replacement. How annoying.

Mental_one

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Same issue

I had the same exact problem. I just didnt have enough time in between the reboots. You can do a hard reset on the Droid X by doing the following:

1. Turn the phone off.
2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.
3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.
4. Confirm the selection.
5. Select Yes ? delete all user data then tap OK.

I couldnt turn off the phone, so I pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds then put it back in and start on Step 2.

It worked for me and I have a working phone for the time being anyway.

Dan

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i'm on my 2nd Droid X and it has froze once and rebooted once. the 1st X totaled 6 times. its not the phone but the software. i hope this is addressed and fixed with froyo 2.2 when it comes out. its agervating.

lugochild

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Its the latest software update, don't touch it.. same thing was happening to me on my brand new moto x.. has been working all day without a problem and as soon as i updated it started happening.. i was able to factory reset thru the boot menu and everything was fine.. but the second i began installing the latest software update the same thing happened again.. my suggesting is stick to the original firmware until a later update is released that fixes this bug...

Shane Lamont

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Its the latest software update, don't touch it.. same thing was happening to me on my brand new moto x.. has been working all day without a problem and as soon as i updated it started happening.. i was able to factory reset thru the boot menu and everything was fine.. but the second i began installing the latest software update the same thing happened again.. my suggesting is stick to the original firmware until a later update is released that fixes this bug...

How do i prevent it from updating itself regularly? I keep telling it not to, but it does it on its own without me knowing about it until it's too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy