Calibrating compass

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does the compass app give any indication when the calibration is complete (either good or bad)?

It will indicate it is calibrated correctly when tuning is done..

attachment.php

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I did it twice, once I gave up after a few minutes, second time did it for literally 5 minutes and it finally lit up green. You really have to make sure you rotate along all three axes though.

This is very true. It can take a while to get it all set. One of the most important factors is to be OUTSIDE when doing this. It just doesn't work well indoors.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I tried literally for a half hour last night trying to calibrate my damn phone, inside and outside in the cold. Every time I tried it would light up red and I tried every method listed on various forums. WTF.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Strange, I can run and calibrate it in about a minute of two, I think if you let the settings get through off too much it takes longer but I always make sure its the first thing I did when I hard reset or received a new device.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Well... I installed the 2.2.1 update yesterday. While I was on the can at work, I decided to give my compass calibration a shot. Bingo, within 45 seconds it turned green and said it was calibrated. Imagine that.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I got it to turn green the first time with only a minute of turning... but then I was a dumbass and decide to do it again a week later and it turned red after about ten minutes. :p

I think the best thing to do is turn it on a level suface. It did get more accurate.

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded two different compass apps and neither worked.
Did the same turning and spinning, moving phone in a figure 8 and they never worked. Got message about some interference or something.
I just gave up and deleted both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007