Calibrating compass

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to calibrate the compass by turning it on 3 axis as instructed? I've been turning and rotating it for last several minutes and the phone never turns green.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I did it twice, once I gave up after a few minutes, second time did it for literally 5 minutes and it finally lit up green. You really have to make sure you rotate along all three axes though.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
what's sort of weird to me is that the screen will go to sleep while I am rotating it (I think mine is set to sleep after 1 minute). does this happen to your x's as well? wonder if it going to sleep is somehow related to it not calibrating.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Did it a second time like ceriem and it completed. Took about 2 minutes or so.

Screen did not go to sleep either. Make sure you are looking at a compass, not an animation of a phone rotating. If you see a phone rotating, hit the calibrate button in the bottom right corner.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Did it a second time like ceriem and it completed. Took about 2 minutes or so.

Screen did not go to sleep either. Make sure you are looking at a compass, not an animation of a phone rotating. If you see a phone rotating, hit the calibrate button in the bottom right corner.

Im ******ed. I was trying to rotate on the phone rotating screen. Took fairly quickly once I was on the compass screen. Thank you. :)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It took me like 5 minutes of spinning around like an idiot while rotating the DX in various ways in my hands to complete the calibration lol.

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I just did this and it only took about 45 seconds to a minute.
I did it EXACTLY as the animation shows and paused for a second between each rotation.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Its probably a sick joke...!.. Think about it... picture all of us idiots sitting on the couch, twirling this phone around pausing every now and again to see if the phone is green... We look like a bunch of mental patients...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work eventually. I only rotated along the 3 axis in one direction. Once I spun along the 3 axis in the opposite direction it went right through. Took less than a minute to do

badchevy

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the compass is off by a few degrees or is it just mine, I did the calibration and it turned green but it didn't seem to fix it.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was one of "those idiots" twirling it around on the phone animation page (my wife actually had to ask what the heck I was doing) and gave up till I read this thread. It took my about a minute and a half in the actual callibration page.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I was one of "those idiots" twirling it around on the phone animation page (my wife actually had to ask what the heck I was doing) and gave up till I read this thread. It took my about a minute and a half in the actual callibration page.

+1. I never knew there was a compass screen. I'm going to have to go do it again. I kept wondering WTH was going on with it. I noticed the back of the phone animation was green, but never the front. I just kept twirling it around like an idiot.

oh well........off to try to actually calibrate the compass!

UPDATE: just completed it in less than a minute.

Last edited:

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Are you folks making sure you're calibrating while away from other EMF's, e.g., computer's, screens, etc. Have folks been able to calibrate more quickly when outside and away from EMF's? Curious....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz