Swype converts?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought Swype was just plain ole stupid. Then....
I started playing around with it. And after getting a lil more used to it, I just can't imagine going back to hitting each key.
sorta feel like Tom Cruise in Minority Report...:cool:

Anybody else experienced this phenomenon?

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a setting to have different keyboards in different orientations. I like swype but not in landscape... i would prefer the regular keyboard in landscape.

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I too was leery about swype at first. I thought it was awkward and slow. But thats what I thought about T9 when it first came out as well. I got used to swype now and its fast. not being specific when swyping really makes a difference. its awesome

Edit: i really like the fast switch to different keyboards with swype. like swyping from the swype button to "5" brings up the numeric keypad then swyping from swype to directly right brings up the doc editor keyboard

Last edited:

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've never used a touchscreen keyboard before (other than a demo text here and there) and I love Swype. When I got the X, I was really slow with the keyboard. I tried Swype and haven't looked back.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought Swype was just plain ole stupid. Then....
I started playing around with it. And after getting a lil more used to it, I just can't imagine going back to hitting each key.
sorta feel like Tom Cruise in Minority Report...:cool:

Anybody else experienced this phenomenon?

me. for sure.:D

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype is pretty freakin' amazing. I would also like to see the option of different keyboards in different orientations though. As others have said landscape Swype is kinda gigantic on the X. Feels like my fingertip is running a marathon in landscape mode. :p

Last edited:

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Swype is great, though I'm still making a few errors (and I don't tend to review my texts before I send, so there were some weird texts that went out, lol), so I adjusted the setting for more accuracy with less speed.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Swype is the single best part about having a touchscreen. Made me miss my blackberry less. Also, thanks for the tip for getting the keypad to come up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a setting to have different keyboards in different orientations. I like swype but not in landscape... i would prefer the regular keyboard in landscape.

I was thinking this exact same thing. I can sure text with one hand quicker in portrait mode.

Oddly, I found its easier to swype bigger words correctly than two and three letter words. Must be the bigger words narrows it's guess down.

I've found people look at you funny tho....I at first thought they could be thinking 'wow, he's got some new fangled gadget, he's smarted'.
Then I realized they were thinking 'he's doodling'.
:confused:

bzh027

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that no matter how much you use a virtual keyboard you cant hit the muscle memory/accuracy level of a physical keyboard when it comes to typing without looking. Swype however, lets you memorize gestures for words, and doesn't require you to be a hundred percent accurate to get that word out. Also, swype is the only keyboard I've been able use one handed faster than 20 wpm. I love swype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non