Antennagate making it's way to Droid X?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i really do believe they are artificially making these drops happen somehow on these other devices, because i cant for the life of me replicate this on any phone that they have "proven" suffers the same problems as the iphone 4.

quick aside: when i was a moronic 10-year old, when i did something stupid and got in trouble for it, my response was to then tattle on my little sister and tell my parents something bad that she did. somehow, it never made my bad act disappear; in fact, i usually got in more trouble for trying to throw my sister under the bus than if i had just accepted responsibility for my mistake. but then again, i was just a moronic 10-year old; its not like adults would do something this stup....oh, wait

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried and tried to duplicate what I saw on the video and I tried it before (as soon as I got my DX) also and I can't even get it to drop one bar.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
who ever is griping that DX in the apple vid hais huge hands
GaelBigHands.jpg

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My Droid X does it too, most smart phones do do to a degree because idiot designers like putting antennas near where we grip phones (the bottom). Some are just worse than others. This video was made to prove that point and it did so, it was not out to bash Android phones, Motorola or Droid X. It was to prove that this is not a unique issue.

I get it, Apple bashing is fashionable but come on.

Please explain what exactly Apple proved? You seem to feel what Apple is doing is justified because all phones somewhat suffer similar problems. Well let me break it to you the antennge problem with the iPhone is because of a poor hardware design that no other phone shares. Place one finger on any one part of your Droid X (I assume you have one since you said you did in the Droid X forums...yeahhhh....if not you're just another kid who needs to get a real life Apple isn't paying you to spread their lies) you will see this can't be duplicated by using the same method people used to make the iPhone signal drop. Im tired of people holding Apple to higher standards get off your high horse and actually admit the truth that there is a problem. Honestly people can be brainwashed so easy by Apple. I CANNOT reproduce this on my droid like many others have stated (except for one). As much as I think its childish I hope HTC strikes first by making a commercial where it starts off just like the Apple Facetime videos do and their wifi conveniently cuts off while he is in an important video conference and his coworker gets the position he wanted because he did his over 3G with the EVO.

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Also when Apple can schedule a conference and have Phil himself walk on stage and hand them a Droid X and can reproduce this THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL I EVEN CONSIDER THIS HALF TRUE.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
do you know what is ironic about this whole antennagate issue? apple fanboys arent even reacting like "SEE, EVERY PHONE HAS THESE PROBLEMS!!!" even they are saying "apple, seriously? why do you keep making these videos?" i havent seen a single comment on any website seriously buying this crap.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Its there own damn fault for lying to the public in the first place. Its not a coincidence they chose to have a super tall 5th bar and removed all ability on a non jailbroken phone to see the dB ratings.

If they picked a more even split people would be blaming AT&T. But Karma is a female dog.

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyone knows that AT&T's service will always be below Verizon's and that is the bottom line about it. Like many of you here I had their service for awhile and it stunk. That was the reason for me switching over. What is the point of having a superphone if you can't use it.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I managed to kill my X's signal after much trouble, i pretty much had to cup both hands on the top and bottom of the phone... so unless your trying to make this happen, its not!

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Droid X's antenna problem fix.

Okay so obviously there is already a thread about how the X has the iPhone problem, but this is just something I'd like to point out in a separate thread.

My personal experience was that I couldn't replicate the bars problem... So I was thinking Apple was full of it, but after a couple more hours of playing with my phone I finally figured out that Apple did everything in their power to make this seem even worse.

If you apply this "death grip" on your X in the home screen, odds are you'll only see like 1 bar drop, no real big deal right? So how were they making the phone lose signal? It was really bugging me. When you go into a phone call you lose a bar right away no matter what it seems, I go from 5 to 4 just from calling my voice mail, but its not until I've actually connected that I can replicate this antenna problem. So while your death gripping your phone in a call watch your bars drop, then use your other hand to end the call and watch your signal come back in as soon as you end the call, this is a problem with the phone not showing the correct number of bars it seems, not a problem with the phones hardware.

jaydorsey

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I managed to kill my X's signal after much trouble, i pretty much had to cup both hands on the top and bottom of the phone... so unless your trying to make this happen, its not!

I just put the invisible sheild skins on the backside and that effectively killed both the wifi and cdma radio signals. As soon as I pulled them off, both went right back to full strength. Needless to say, I only have the IS on my screen now.

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I think the whole antenna thing is way over blown.....who smash grips their phone anyways? and for as many phone calls as I receive or make maybe 2 or 3 per day it doesn't even matter to me, especially when my phone is in hands free mode most of the time anyways. I bought this phone for its multimedia features, web browsing, texting,apps, and very large screen. I didn't buy it to camp on it all day to make phone calls!! most people who know me know to text me rather than call so the antenna thing and dropped calls isn't a big deal to me plus i think its being made a bigger issue than it really is....its more than amazing for me and what my needs are.....coming from a Storm 1 that was supposed to be the second coming....

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid X's antenna problem fix.

I wish someone would sure apple for slander. Then again, ok not a lawyer so I'm sure there's a reason they can't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding (thanks to DaRkL3AD3R), that when you open an active phone call, the bar display function switches from showing received EVDO signal to CDMA, which might display a rapid change to a higher or lower number of bars showing, depending on your local condition between the two sources. It's a bit of apples ;) and oranges.

When not making an actual phone call, there's also the factor of switching between 1G and 3G EVDO, which further confuses the whole mess. I wish Verizon and/or Motorola would release a paper on just how the bar display switches functions under different conditions.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae