Droid X internal 8gb storage question

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have heard all of it can be used for apps. Is that a good or bad thing? How does it compare to the Incredible's internal storage. Can someone break it down in layman's term. tks

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it is a great thing. it essentially means you dont have to ever worry about having enough storage on your phone for any app you want.

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Everything else gets stored in the SD card. This arrangement is GREAT, since it means you'll almost never run out of space to run apps, which was the biggest problem I had with my old blackberry! of course, FroYo will allow developers to store applications on the SD card, but for now, we can only use internal memory.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Now, I have a question. If we have 8 gigs, then why do I only see a number like "90mb" when I open a Task Killer? What's that number mean?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Now, I have a question. If we have 8 gigs, then why do I only see a number like "90mb" when I open a Task Killer? What's that number mean?
i believe that is the os part of the memory which is 512mb. that is what the OS refreshes. see if i get this right. the 512 is for os. you open apps or other programs that is where the memory drop is from...