Droid wont activate, have no phone =(

adeelmd

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My new every 2 day was 7/23, so verizon wouldn't let me get the droid at launch. By the time that came, the delay was till 8/3. I was about to buy it from the website, but I figured it would get into stores before that.

Sure enough, Costco just got six units in this morning. So i got my droid x just before noon today. Problem is, that it wont activate. My old storm doesn't work either, so I have had no device for the past few hours.

I called verizon three times, and they tell me they are having some sort of switchboard problem nationwide and are working to solve it. That it may take 48-72 hours to solve, and that there is nothing they can do. I find it hard to believe that verizon can't activate phones right now and for the past 8 hours!

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My new every 2 day was 7/23, so verizon wouldn't let me get the droid at launch. By the time that came, the delay was till 8/3. I was about to buy it from the website, but I figured it would get into stores before that.

Sure enough, Costco just got six units in this morning. So i got my droid x just before noon today. Problem is, that it wont activate. My old storm doesn't work either, so I have had no device for the past few hours.

I called verizon three times, and they tell me they are having some sort of switchboard problem nationwide and are working to solve it. That it may take 48-72 hours to solve, and that there is nothing they can do. I find it hard to believe that verizon can't activate phones right now and for the past 8 hours!

Are you sure they continued your service or activated your service we ordered ours on line they did the 3 Droid X phones but forgot to setup the service after finally 20 tries we called the first time they told us that.
30 minutes later we called back and finally got someone who wanted to do their job and she figured out we had no service after that call 5 minutes later all 3 up and running.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely an activation issue. I gave my wife my Tour and it wouldn't activate. I had to call and they told me they couldn't find the phone in their records. They switched me over to technical support and after almost 30 minutes the device popped up in their system.

adeelmd

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The device is showing up in their system, they keep saying something vague like it is was scheduled to activated at a later time. When they try to cancel the "scheduled" activation, the computer doesn't let them.

When I go online, this number still shows the old storm pic beside it, but my contract has been updated to 2011.

It's like they get all the benefit, but I am not getting any service.

adeelmd

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
just an update, been on the phone with verizon on and off all day. This new tech seems to be really concerned, but still can't do anything. they got people they are calling from home to work on the issue. I just don't understand how something could be so screwed up that you have no phone for 40+ hours; and tech support doesn't have the ability to fix it.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
In their defense you did purchase it from a random retail store and not Verizon directly. Who knows what information has to go where and where the screw up is happening at.

Not saying its excusable, just saying that I am sure it complicates matters. Now have you tried just activating the BB and waiting till you can make a trip into the Verizon store?

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This exact thing happened to me last week when I received my DX from Amazon. Direct calling to Verizon failed to produce any results. But a call to Amazon Wireless and a customer rep on there 3-way us to their Verizon rep who then connected us to an activation person. From what I gathered, Verizon had what they called a "shell" account for me, but other than that, no phone number assigned, no calling plan subscribed, nothing but an empty account. The Verizon tech got the info he needed from the Amazon rep and then set up my account. 15 minutes later, my DX was able to activate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08