New shipping date

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I believe the hold up was fixing the screen issue, and since sending the phones out stopped and the ordering didnt, the only obvious outcome is what has happened. Hopefully in a week or two this will be cleared up as vzw had promised.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Those dates ("shipped BY...") are for orders placed right now. It doesn't mean your order from a couple days ago will have to wait till then (although if something goes wrong, ala the screen issue, then they also have a CYA for their reps when dealing with impatient carriers). Come August the ship date will certainly be later than 8/4, but that won't mean that the people who order tomorrow will have to wait till then either...

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Those dates ("shipped BY...") are for orders placed right now. It doesn't mean your order from a couple days ago will have to wait till then (although if something goes wrong, ala the screen issue, then they also have a CYA for their reps when dealing with impatient carriers). Come August the ship date will certainly be later than 8/4, but that won't mean that the people who order tomorrow will have to wait till then either...

I called CS a few minutes ago. And this great CS rep explained it to me....those who ordered between July 16-26 will get their DX shipped by the 08/03...BUT the rep told me that they are getting shipped much earlier....Those who ordered from July 16th thru the 20th are definitely getting shipped this monday and those that ordered from the 21st thru the 26th are getting shipped the following day. So everyone who ordered between those dates, besides the 26th, will have their phones this coming week!

pelliott93

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I called CS a few minutes ago. And this great CS rep explained it to me....those who ordered between July 16-26 will get their DX shipped by the 08/03...BUT the rep told me that they are getting shipped much earlier....Those who ordered from July 16th thru the 20th are definitely getting shipped this monday and those that ordered from the 21st thru the 26th are getting shipped the following day. So everyone who ordered between those dates, besides the 26th, will have their phones this coming week!

I was just told the same thing by verizon about an hour ago

pelliott93

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey Pelliott93...I see you are in AZ also....did you order yours online or at a corporate store?

I ordered mine online...sort of. I was on the phone with a manager while I did it. thats when i was told they were shipping way earlier and to expect to see it around Tuesday - Wednesday since I live in AZ and they are coming from Cali

FlatTopFoley

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

man I hope so. Ordered mine on the 20th at my local verizon store.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine online...sort of. I was on the phone with a manager while I did it. thats when i was told they were shipping way earlier and to expect to see it around Tuesday - Wednesday since I live in AZ and they are coming from Cali

You probably talked to the same rep as I did. Did you get your tracking # yet? The rep I talked to gave me my tracking # but it hasn't been updated on the FedEx site yet but he said that tomorrow it should be updated then. SO Exciting!!!!!!!!

OldCaprine

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Thursday Shipped Sunday will be Delivered Tuesday.

I ordered my Droid X online last Thursday the 22nd (at 9:46pm). At that time the website said the earliest ship date would be 8/3. I even called into Verizon and hoped they would give me different information but alas..... no.. backordered earliest ship date..... 8/3, So annoyed and anxious I had no choice but to wait, but it was what it was. But then tonight (the 25th) at 9:40 i received an email that said my Droid X had been shipped and would be here Tuesday 27th. I confirmed the information with Fedex. So I am not sure what is going on.. but I am not about to look a gift Droid X in the mouth. :D.

I believe they are shipping as fast as they are getting orders but they don't want to make any promises. I hope others are having a lucky break as well tonight....

CpTChucky

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my Droid X online last Thursday the 22nd (at 9:46pm). At that time the website said the earliest ship date would be 8/3. I even called into Verizon and hoped they would give me different information but alas..... no.. backordered earliest ship date..... 8/3, So annoyed and anxious I had no choice but to wait, but it was what it was. But then tonight (the 25th) at 9:40 i received an email that said my Droid X had been shipped and would be here Tuesday 27th. I confirmed the information with Fedex. So I am not sure what is going on.. but I am not about to look a gift Droid X in the mouth. :D.

I believe they are shipping as fast as they are getting orders but they don't want to make any promises. I hope others are having a lucky break as well tonight....

I have the same situation as you except I ordered it from the Verizon store. Got my email saying it was shipped and also have a tracking number. Fedex shows that there is no info on this tracking number. Hopefully this is just because it's Sunday. Oh well either way. It's getting to me quicker than expected.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol