Deleting Photos

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Have the 16gb card that came with the phone in and I keep loosing photos. Not all of them but I've lost 3 or 4 photos since I've been taking pictures and they were not deleted.
This happen to anyone else?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have the 16gb card that came with the phone in and I keep loosing photos. Not all of them but I've lost 3 or 4 photos since I've been taking pictures and they were not deleted.

So you take a picture and they don't show up in the gallery?

I know that there is some lag to this, this was with the MotoDroid as well.
When you would take a picture and then go straight to the gallery to see it it didn't show up right away, you had to give it a bit. Hope this helps

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
No, I take them. They show up. Then they disappear. Haven't lost any really important photos yet but don't want to in the future.

I did notice the lag as well. Little annoying but glad it's not just me.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No, I take them. They show up. Then they disappear. Haven't lost any really important photos yet but don't want to in the future.

I did notice the lag as well. Little annoying but glad it's not just me.

Hmm that is weird. Have you tried pulling them on on your computer? Haven't heard of this before, maybe (hopefully) its just a small glitch in your phone.

droidish

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

yes, I just noticed this as well. Some videos and pics are missing. Interestingly, the pics I took and used for some of my contacts remain visible, despite me not being able to find them in the Gallery.

bmaner_AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have not lost any but an odd issue I have is this...if i take a normal 6mp or 8mp picture and look at the time it was taken it is correct. If I take a panoramic picture then the time taken is like 5 hours earlier.... weird.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll try pulling them onto the computer and see what happens.
Also, I've noticed that TAGs are disappearing as well. Had several location "tagged" photos and now there are 0 in that section of the gallery.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
PapaSmurf, have you figured out the cause?

I lost more than half of my pictures. Definitely not happy about that.

Last edited:

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Didn't figure it out. Verizon said to contact the manufacturer of the card even though I pointed out that it came with the phone and should probably be their responsibility.
Haven't gotten around to contacting them even though a week after, my phone's battery died in a few hours because it was constantly scanning the SD card. I wiped the card and reloaded and haven't lost a photo since.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
By wiped your card, did you just delete everything on there when it was connected to your PC via USB or did you reformat the SD card through the phone? The latter option is greyed out for me though in the settings menu.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay cool. I'll try that when I get home. I gotta make sure to backup what I have left on there first.

It's funny because I have dock and widget icons that are showing up just fine but they are no where to be found in the gallery. My wallpaper too but I'm guessing that gets saved into the system memory.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, interesting you mention this because my wallpaper was in the gallery when I wiped. It's not there anymore but my wallpaper is still there so they must be saved in seperate locations. But what location that is, I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463