Please help - Music syncing is just not happening

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere - Looked, but found nothing.

I need help here. I've tried almost everything and cannot seem to get my music into my new Droid X, the only department where the Storm2 gave me zero problems. When I first got the Droid, I connected it to my MacBook Pro, enabled mass storage mode, and started dragging dropping all movies and music. Got all seven movies I have ripped for mobile on there no problem, but for some reason only two of my iTunes playlists will go over. I have seven I want to get over, but only two will actually go. I've tried drag and drop (which actually shows the files being copied over, but they don't appear once I disconnect the USB), I've tried syncing with iTunemywalkman and Double Twist, but neither will work. When I tried iTunemywalkman, it took an hour and went through every song title (about 500) I was trying to get into the Droid X, showed the syncing bar run to completion, but nothing was there but the two playlists I mentioned before when I disconnected. When I tried Double Twist, it went through the syncing a little, or just didn't go at all depending on playlist. Then I get this notification while using Double Twist that I need to pay an extra $.30 for each of 130 specific songs to make them "iTunes plus" format for sharing. Every single song on these playlists was purchased legally through iTunes or ripped from a CD. None show "protected" when you activate that format view either. I have no idea what the hell is happening here. I was up until 4:30 am this morning trying to crack it without any luck. Same albums from the same playlists are going through and nothing else. Do I need to download an older version of iTunes or something? Anyone know what might be going on? Thanks in advance.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Doubletwist wouldn't work for me either. I just ended up dragging and dropping music (no playlists) onto the mounted sd card. i've read some people suggesting isyncr? though, might end up trying that one out if doubletwist doesn't come up w/ a fix sometime soon.

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I think some of your songs are DRM protected if you bought them from iTunes. To see if they are in iTunes, go to View -> View Options and check the box for "Kind". Then in your Music library, there's a new column "Kind" to sort. It'll tell you if a song is DRM protected or not. These songs can not be copied. In order to copy them, you either have to pay iTunes an extra $.30 each to unlock them or you have to find a program to remove the DRM on these songs.

As for sync'ing to DX from iTunes. I have tried doubleTwist and it is very slow, even on my latest and greatest PC. I'm currently using iSyncr ($2.99) and it worked much better for me. It'll sync all my playlists over from iTunes.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think some of your songs are DRM protected if you bought them from iTunes. To see if they are in iTunes, go to View -> View Options and check the box for "Kind". Then in your Music library, there's a new column "Kind" to sort. It'll tell you if a song is DRM protected or not. These songs can not be copied. In order to copy them, you either have to pay iTunes an extra $.30 each to unlock them or you have to find a program to remove the DRM on these songs.

As for sync'ing to DX from iTunes. I have tried doubleTwist and it is very slow, even on my latest and greatest PC. I'm currently using iSyncr ($2.99) and it worked much better for me. It'll sync all my playlists over from iTunes.

Thanks for this - I'll try iSyncr. The tunes aren't protected, as I added that column before I got started. Hopefully this works.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
To move my music from computer (Win 7) to the X, I opened the media card and added a file folder that I named "MUSIC". Opened that folder, dragged and dropped music. Lo! It plays just fine in the X. Don't know how it located the folder, but it did. But, as mentioned above, anything you bought from iTunes won't transfer. I don't use iTunes for anything any more. I just do the drag/drop and store my music in a separate folder on my computer - one that I created. iTunes takes control and you are out of the loop, including using it in file transfers.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've followed some of the advice people were cool enough to post here and got this working. I decided to start from scratch on the SD card and just re-formatted it. I created a MUSIC folder from my MacBook, then dragged and dropped everything from the actual music folders in my hard drive, as opposed to opening iTunes and dragging tracks and playlists from there. Worked like a charm - Everything is there now, nothing didn't come through. Thanks, guys!

Thoughtnaut

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had similar issues, Bald Steve. I arrived at a solution, though, and just posted a walkthrough to the forum. It might be worth your time to give it a quick once over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34