Im an ex bb getting used to the droid world. I know in my bb i would get my notifiacations right away from facebook. But with the droid i only get notifications when i receive messages. I never get notifications when i have friend requests or wall posts or get tagged etc. even though in my options all my notification settings are checked off. Am i doing something wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    07-28-2010 01:37 PM
    I'm using bloo v1.5 for my notifications. You can grab it here.

Hopefully there will be an updated version of the FB app that will work better.

btw...ex-Storm owner here.
    07-28-2010 01:40 PM
    can it be downloaded from the market?
    07-28-2010 01:55 PM
    I believe you can get 1.4 in the Market, but 1.5 is beta and includes FB chat and can only be gotten from the above link.
    07-28-2010 02:01 PM
    The fb app for the dx is very very bad compared to that of the blackberry. I hate the emails as notifications and the fact your bounced out of the app and into the browser for certain things, like browsing a friends wall.

Really weak app. Hopefully, this will change. Fwiw, I'm a storm I user.
    07-28-2010 02:58 PM
    I use bloo as well, but pay attention to your settings. The default for bloo is to check for new notifications every two minutes (they're fetched, not pushed). I had some WICKED battery drain with that at first. I've moved it out to the max (30 minutes) and am hoping that will improve battery life.
    07-28-2010 03:28 PM
    I don't use a facebook app, just bookmarked the touch.facebook.com site, it works great. Emails as notifications are not an issue because they bring you right to the touch site.

Not for everyone but give it a try.
    07-28-2010 03:40 PM
    Yeah the facebook app blows but what can ya do.. maybe someday we will have a good one
    07-28-2010 04:12 PM
    one thing that sucks about the facebook app is that there's no push notification like on the bb and the iphone
    07-28-2010 06:11 PM
    one thing that sucks about the facebook app is that there's no push notification like on the bb and the iphone
    Well, the BB app wasn't true push notification as it required FB to send an email from a push account to trigger FB notifications. But the BB app is still better than the Android one.
    07-28-2010 10:28 PM
    I agree that the facebook app is lacking compared to BB (ex storm 2 user) but i can live with facebook sucking because this phone is way better then any BB i ever owned. Its nice to actually be able to view web pages!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-28-2010 10:45 PM
    I agree that the facebook app is lacking compared to BB (ex storm 2 user) but i can live with facebook sucking because this phone is way better then any BB i ever owned. Its nice to actually be able to view web pages!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quoted for truth. I was thinking the same thing as I clicked on a foxsports link in Twitter heading home from work this afternoon. Never could read the article using my Storm.
    07-28-2010 11:17 PM
    I've searched for any news on an update for the official facebook android app, but haven't found anything.

Anyone hear anything?
    09-23-2010 02:40 AM
    The funny thing is that as long as I was on crackberry one of the most common complaints I heard was how much the bb fb app sucked. On this site everyone seems to remember it as some great app.
    09-23-2010 02:55 AM
    The funny thing is that as long as I was on crackberry one of the most common complaints I heard was how much the bb fb app sucked. On this site everyone seems to remember it as some great app.
    quoted 4 truth...it did suck. But the notifications were good. They arrived right on time..whereas the notifications on the droid...don't come at all.. -_-

still loving the phone though. gonna try out this bloo app..
    09-23-2010 03:16 AM
    The bloo app didn't work for me cause I couldn't get a 6 digit generated code.
    09-23-2010 03:32 AM
    Anyone have to Bloo link??
    12-05-2010 08:56 PM
    As much as the fb app for the bb sucked, I do miss notifications. But fb on android is smoother and faster.
    ex strom 2 user here.
    12-05-2010 09:19 PM
    Yes, android facebook needs improvement. I use launcher pro facebook app, and it is great. Notifications are a facebook issue, but I see news and my page in full glory on the app. I do check the actual app for missed notifications not emailed. Annoying, but at least I can see what's posted on my wall right from the LP app. Gingerbread to vastly improve this? Mmmmmmmm.
    12-05-2010 09:35 PM
    I use the launcher pro plus widget as well and have no complaints. I usually have most of my notifications off anyway. I decided that I would check my Droid when I wanted to, not every time it said I should
    12-05-2010 09:45 PM
    I use the launcher pro plus widget as well and have no complaints. I usually have most of my notifications off anyway. I decided that I would check my Droid when I wanted to, not every time it said I should
    That is my kind of style.
    12-05-2010 09:57 PM
    Another great Facebook widget for those without Launcher pro is Big Facez. It's in beta right now and in the MArket. Fills up the whole wallpaper, very nice.

Big Facez , free.

If you have ADW Launcher make sure you enable scrolling in your ADW Settings or it will come out blank when you sign in to facebook.
    12-05-2010 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD